What's new

Penhaligon's Duoro (Formerly Lords)

This scent opens sharp to me, much like Quercus to my nose. But where Quercus retains a sharp note throughout, Douro quickly dries down to a subdued floral and sweetish note that I really like. It reminds me of my aunts kitchen as a kid somehow. But in a way that I like to wear.

It's hard to say why, but this scent is a warm scent. I get that feeling from it.

According to my sources, the base notes are Labdanum, Oakmoss, Musk and Sandalwood. I guess. If that's what they are, you get to base notes pretty quickly because after a short time the scent ceases to change on me. But that's OK because its a subdued yet rich fragrance that sticks around a long time.

The stuff isn't cheap, like any Penhaligon product. But you get a quality item. Everything about it is top class.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This, as most fragrance from Penhaligon's, is a classy scent, not due to its complexity, a variant of the lemony-limey theme, but its formulation using high quality ingredients....many will perceive this fragrance as one of a quiet authority, understated and yet confident. Sure it is somewhat barber shop -ish, but that is also part of its charm...at the end of the day, it is an unpretentious masculine scent, definitely a gentleman's fragrance. Superb but for its high price tag.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Douro is a nice, versatile scent that is good for a variety of occasions. However, it has very limited longevity on me so I ended up selling my bottle. Decent fragrance, but the longevity just didn't make sense for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
most definately masculine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Like all scents where lemon is a predominant note, it reminds me of floor cleaner.:001_huh: Not my cup of tea.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Douro has the familiarity of the more memorable barbershop scents (Pinaud Clubman?), and subtle complexity that goes beyond them.

I try to wear this cologne lightly and quietly, but every day I wear it I've had THE question (What ARE you wearing?). Always complementary, and sometimes even from my wife!

I'm not experienced enough to know what the slightly sharper, more unique note is in this fragrance, but each time I wear it, as the slightly pungent citrus settles down, and I again recognize its unique elegant edge ... I smile.

(Packaging, atomizer, longevity, consistency. All are what you'd expect from Penhaligon's. Oh. And price too.)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This was one of my absolute favorites for years, it's a versatile fragrance that's great for the office and after work as well. Best suited for more mature guys (like me-- a "bit" over 40), it's a cologne for guys who think most colognes are for girls or girlie men, this is a great mens' product that can be worn with pride, and without any embarrassment should someone spot it in your medicine cabinet. I liked the name Lords better as well, but this is the same stuff. Strong at first, it settles close to the skin and doesn't last more than a three hours on me, more's the pity.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
In 2004, Penhaligon's changed the name for this cologne from Lords to Douro. I like the old name better but who knows.

The scent opens with a nice slight lemony clean smell. Many of the Penhaligons scents seem to have a similar foundation of smell and this carries that really well. The lemon is slight, not overwhelming. It also carries with it a nice clean barbershop type scent. It has good staying power and is a classic in my book. Its not an intense scent as it won't shout out at you but people will pleasantly notice it. The basenotes on this is similar to the topnotes just a bit less lemon with more clean and barbershop style. Smells like a British scent.

Penhaligons is not the cheapest stuff around but this is one to have.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)