What's new

Penhaligon's Douro

I really like this, it seems a pity I think they are not making the shaving cream in the Douro line any more.

This was my favourite for a long time, with a consistency very similar I think to the creams from the 3Ts. Great lather is easily produced with not too much effort. Razor glide also seems to be good too, plenty for 3 passes out of not too much cream.

The price was a little high for this, but if I saw some stock still left of this I would snap it up in a blink of they eye. This would allow me to use the last of the tube I still have without worrying what I would do when it runs out completely.

As with a number of Penhaligons products, this might eventually come back due to popular demand, but possibly under a different name of scent in their range. :wink:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I'm not a fan of many contemporary combinations. Red wine and fish. Avocado with everything. Nouvelle "foam" sauces. Nope. Give me the real thing every time, and I'll be happy.
So who had the bright idea of combining orange and sandalwood? Penhaligon? You've got to be kidding!
Did they pull it off? Kind of.

Price- You know the drill. You won't find this at CVS.

Quality- One comes to expect a certain level of quality from companies such as Penhaligon's, and, in this regard, they don't dissapoint.

Scent- Ah, the most subjective category. I like it, sort of. Everyone seems to have their own take on sandalwood, so why not? It comes off as fresh and new, but it's a little weaker than I had expected. Certainly a change of pace.

Latherability- No issues.

Efficacy- Maybe it's just me, but I get a slightly better shave from their other blends. Still a very fine cream.

Moisturizing- Good enough.

Packaging- Not only is the tube somewhat garish compared to the rest of their line, but mine broke the very first time I used it. I know that this could happen to anyone at any time, but there's something a bit disconcerting about a $30 tube splitting open. The only thing that really bothers me is that when I want to use it, I have to open an old tub marked "Taylor's Sandalwood", where it currently resides.

This wouldn't be my first recommendation for a Penhaligon's cream, but if you have the others...............what the hey?
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)