What's new

Paul Sebastian

Item Description

I received this as a Christmas present and was pleasantly surprised. According to the product description, it exhibits aromatic spices, hints of sweet florals, citrus plus the richness of soft woods with the slightest hint of musk.

This is one of my favorites. Every time I have worn it I have received compliments especially from my wife. It has a strong, long lasting scent that is very complex. The price is right as well. You can purchase this on line for as little as $25.00. For the money, I really think you would have are hard time matches it.

Latest reviews

Paul Sebastian isn't what I would call a "manly" cologne.

This smells very much like some kind of low-end, old-school female TV or movie-star celebrity brand, like something Liz Taylor might've okayed for Liz Arden to release. Kind of strong, non-descript, and perfumy, at least to me. Certainly isn't something I'd want to wear in public, and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it around a woman. Unfortunately the staying power is pretty good - typical of a scent I don't like. A spritz (or spittle, depending on the competency of your atomizer - it seems Sebastien's sprayers aren't 100% foolproof) will do you just fine. When it comes to complexity, you get the artificial sage as some kind of unfriendly aldehyde, the lavender as a blasé synthetic floral, cheaply-rendered vanilla and naked patchouli at the "base", if you can call it that. Really it all dries down to some kind of funky powder thing on my skin.

The price is right - you can get this at Marshalls for around $18. Usually open, and with some missing. But to be honest, I feel this is worth more like $5. There are $5 fragrances that have more cache than this.

It comes in a rather boring black box. This is dated, out of touch with what a guy should wear, and probably needs just the right skin chemistry to work on any level. I wouldn't go so far as to call it absolutely horrendous, but the fact that those words are in this review doesn't bode well for Paul Sebastian.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Well first off the price for this was great. 8oz for under 20 dollars shipped! I think that the quality and the packaging are top notch. Maybe not flashy, but it suits my tastes. The scent is quite unique to me. I'm new to buying colognes so I can't exactly describe it very well. What pal has said about the scent is accurate though. I get all of that there. It's a bit strong at first, so beware if you are sensitive. It starts to ease up a bit after about a half hour, but by no means the scent go away. Just much more subdued. The complexity probably isn't as high for the discerning nose, but that's fine. I'm usually pretty simple anyhow. I've been complimented on the scent so that's good for me, plus the fact that I like it!
I received this as a Christmas present and was pleasantly surprised. According to the product description, it exhibits aromatic spices, hints of sweet florals, citrus plus the richness of soft woods with the slightest hint of musk.

This is one of my favorites. Every time I have worn it I have received compliments especially from my wife. It has a strong, long lasting scent that is very complex. The price is right as well. You can purchase this on line for as little as $25.00. For the money, I really think you would have are hard time matches it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
pal
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from pal

Top Bottom