What's new

Parker 80R

D
Rainman it sounds to me like like you have the 82R model. The 80R model has a length of 3 1/2in. The two models also have different knurling.

I purchased this DE from classic shaving because the attractive price for a TTO. At the time I did not know it was a Parker, I probably would not have purchased it if I knew at the time because of the problems with their engineering. Though after taking it out of the box I was some what impressed.

The razor has a good balance to it, 3ozs with a length of 3 1/2in. The grip is well knurled as holds well when wet. I tend to use a preshave oil and it holds well with wet oily hands. The blade is not too exposed which lowers the aggressiveness though the weight seems to supplement that aspect. I have used Lord platinums and German Wilkinson's both seem to give a close shave in this razor. The TTO function of the razor works well and I see no problems with the mechanics of the feature. I have no complaints for the overall quality, there are no problems with it that have came to my notice.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
D
I bought one of these from classic shaving. It is a 3oz, 4 1/4inch razor TTO razor that has a classic look and has a nice size and weight.

The problem is the QC issues. I guess If I have already purchased 3 of their 3 piece razors and 2 were defective how could I expect their TTO to be alright?

Lets start with the head piece. Brassing, 2 large spots on each side of each safety bar. The alignment of the frame of the head piece is very off. It's hard to explain how wrong the head assembly looked from underneath. The handle had a bow in it, yes a bad noticable bow or bend about from mid handle down to the tto knob. The knob actually worked which suprised me.

Needless to say I didn't use this razor. I returned it and got my money back. Return shipping was on me and the process took a while.

Lessen learned:

NEVER BUY A PARKER RAZOR!
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
0.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)