What's new

Parker 65R

Pros: Aggressive
Cons: Aggressive
This was my first de razor. I had some serious self lacerations which I will call my tuition to the school of de shaving. Once I got the hang, this is the most aggressive razor I have ever used. The gillettes cranked at nine are nowhere close to this razor. This razor makes my fatboy and slim adjustable very tame in comparison. I think this is a very underrated razor. It is the AK47 of de razors meaning its operation is very simple and is very effective. For a newbie, be prepared to get a cut or two. Other than that, this Parker is a great razor.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
I recently purchased this new model razor from Howie at Super Safety Razor but he also sells on eBay known as Howie1616. Howie knows everything about Parkers including their latest developments.

OK now to the good stuff. The 65R has a new head(exclusive to this model) which resembles the Progress. Eventually according to Howie all the 3 piece razors from Parker will have this head and they are changing their TTO as well.
When I received it several days ago I couldn't wait so I promptly loaded a Feather in it and shaved. Since I already had shaved that morning there was not much to take off but the razor felt nice and smooth. Yesterday morning I did my normal triple pass and will report this is a #6 on the aggressive scale. Its weight is 3.0 oz and length 4.0 inch(handle) the balance was suburb. I made quick work of any growth with zero irritation and very smooth after feel. This morning my face had little stubble and proceed another triple pass. Same results same blade. Since this razor doesn't have the adjustability of a Progress it has to make use of what it has and that is a well built razor and for half the price. And finally not like other Parkers this one appears to be chromed. Will I recommend it? I am staying out of that one because if you buy it and don't like it I will get the blame. You make your own call. Me I am very satisfied.

Although this razor received an initial 6 for aggressivness after several more weeks of off and on use I decided to change the aggressive part to a 1. I used several different blades including a Shark and mainly a Feather. The shave was always smooth but never close even after 3 passes. The build quality and balance are excellent but Parker still didn't get the head right. This razor is perfect for someone with a light beard.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)