What's new

Parker 12R, Buffalo horn

I concur with flcrx. This razor IS aggressive, but it gets the job done. The unit does however feel a bit flimsy.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
About a month ago, I got this in the mailbox and started to use it.
I bought this item, Here

For the price of 37,50 €/54 USD/33.70 GBP
Why I bought it??? I'm a bit "done" with those "resin" made handles, and wanted to try something with a more "natural" look and feeling.
So I filled my bowl with a fare amount of "Santa Maria Novella" an loaded this razor with a fresh "Feather".
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.... Was this aggressive??? YES.... For me, it was!!!!
A HUGE difference with, lets say, a Merkur 12C/open comb...
But it gives me a shave, that I liked from day 1...

The head: Let's call it, heavy. Simple as that.
Looks: Like his weight.
Quality: A few nicks, where the brass "peeps" true the Nickel plating. Think this is something, Parker could do better.
Changing the blade: Three piece razor, not the most "friendly" way to change blades.

The handle: Nice and soft. Well made, totally different to the head!
Feeling: Feels "real". Not the best "anti slip" tough.
Looks: Beautiful. Got some lighter" stripes" running true the horn... It chances, with the light...
Quality: Superb.
Weight: Light, VERY light.

Balance: Heavy head, light handle... Strange, but all by all, it comes to a nice balance.

Aggressiveness: CAREFUL....This is what I call Aggressive... Okay... There are more aggressive razors than this one, but for me... it's enough!!!
Measuring "the gap", I came to a .95mm!!!! So that's good to shave EVERYTHING that comes in is pad. So be aware, using this in summer, and you got a few "mosquito" bites, in his way... ;-((

For me, it's definitely a "stayer". Gives me a BBS, every time I used this fellow. And that's one of the reasons we do it....isn't???
Should I buy it again... YES, no doubt about that.
Name... For me... Definitely... My "T-Rex".:thumbup::thumbup:
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly