What's new

Palmolive Refreshing Lemon

Pros: The fragrance is really nice and it is damn cheap
Cons: none
Palmolive lemon is the coolest lemon cream I have tried, it beats the old spice lemon in its fragrance. The lather is nice and thick and provides a nice glide. It is cheap even by my stingy indian standards.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love this cream. I got a tube at the local Indian store for $3.50. Get some, you won't be disappointed.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
GREAT STUFF. Lathers so easily, smells great, gave a great shave. highly recommended!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Like the other Indian Palmolive, this is a nice budget offering with no major negatives in terms of shaving performance (other than, well....it could be slicker).

It lathers well, doesn't dry or irritate the face, and gives a pleasant shave. Its standout quality is the scent, though. Lovely smell, and the original author got it dead-on: it starts out like a dessert - like lemon merengue pie - and mellows to a refreshing, soft lemon aroma. Yes, it smells artificial instead of natural, but who cares? It's nice stuff and makes the shave a pleasing experience.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
My hunt for the pefect lemon scented shaving cream has ended

proxy.php

Ingredients (only the key ingredients are listed on the package):
Dimethicone copolyol, glycerin, stearic acid and perfume

Price
Well, £ 3.90 for a 70g tube is not cheap - but on the other hand, knowing the quality, I would gladly have paid twice that for this cream. I am quite sure this cream is cheaper than chips in India

Quality
This cream has become the standard I judge other creams on

Scent
This cream is called Refreshing Lemon, maybe Sweet Lemon would be a more correct term. Directly from the tube this cream smells like a delicious dessert (it is actually quite mouth watering) - once you start whipping it the smell looses a lot of it's "sweetness" and becomes more fresh. I love the smell of this cream - but some may find it a little too sweet

Latherability
This cream lathers like Proraso - and with equal ease. Both ample amounts of cushion and slickness

Efficacy
A little cream makes a lot of lather

Moisturizing Properties
Here comes the part that I like most of this cream; I have dry and senstive skin, this cream leaves my skin soft, moist and toned like no other cream or soap I have tried. Only Mitchell's Wool Fat comes close.

Packaging
The only part I do not like about this product; the cardboard bok is nice, but the tacky plastic tube is not very pretty - on the other hand the plastic tube makes this cream ideal for traveling, so I guess it's not all bad.

I highly recommend this cream - especially if you have dry and sensitive skin. For me it is a definite keeper - and it will be my number one cream for traveling.

A bonus tip: Try to make a superlather with this cream and Mitchell's Wool Fat - you will be in shaving heaven!

Regards.

Jakob

Discussion thread
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging