What's new

Palmolive Men Lather Shave Cream - Regular (Italy 2021)

A glycerine based economical shaving cream that matches or exceeds the performance of many other shaving creams costing a lot more.
Love it
Pros: Great slick, thick, creamy lather. Better than anything else I’ve tried and at a fraction of the cost.
Cons: Not really any cons performance wise though the scent is very ordinary. Just soapy but what Dyou want for £2
Best deal in shaving and the best lather I’ve found hands down, blows the big names out of the water.
But don’t take my word for it, you can get it for less than the price of a one stop bus ride in the uk, pull the trigger.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
A great shaving cream for SR shaving.
Pros: Economical.
Lathers easily.
Mild pleasant scent.
Very slick.
Cons: Lacks a little in residential slickness compared to some others.
Not easy to find for sale in stores.
It has been mentioned by others that Palmolive shaving cream has been discontinued. I have not experienced this in Australia. I bought mine in Feb. 2022 at the local IGA supermarket for AUD 2.95 (65g). It was not available in the local Coles supermarket.

I SR shave and face lather by applying a very small (about pea size) dollup into a damp synthetic brush. After thoroughly washing and rinsing my face well, I then face lather. Relathering is required between passes from what is left in the brush.

This Palmolive cream is similar in performance to my Proraso green cream without such a strong scent. The Palmolive cream lathers easily, providing an exceptionally slick lather that is very comfortable to shave with.

Proraso costs me about three time more per gram compared to Palmolive. A 65g tube of Palmolive shaving cream lasts me about 100 x three-pass shaves. This is silimar per gram to Proraso cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
ivan_101
ivan_101
@Hak.1963
Yes it is a good cream. One of my favourites. But in Germany they sell it for 0.95 EUR for 100 ml.
Unfortunately it is not sold any more in my country for the last 12-13 years. But I buy it from Romania, Germany and Italy. And I will not stop...
Just 2 days ago had a shave with the cream and Progress@5 + Rapira Swedish SuperSteel. A superb shave indeed.
Bglayer
Bglayer
I love it.There's loads of it on UK ebay i paid £6 for 3 tubes but it's cheaper the more you buy.
CarloMNL
CarloMNL
One of the decent creams I can get here in PHL. Price is ok by local standards. I've used Proraso before and don't think it offers that much of a performance boost over Palmolive. (This was the older formulation so can't comment on the current Proraso line.)

I do prefer to limit its use to synthetics. It leaves a residue on silvertip that bugs me to no end.
Top Bottom