What's new

Palmolive Bath Bar

Just to be clear...

Do you intend to shave with the Palmolive soap bars or just use them as regular bar soap to bathe with ?
Price: Got 3 bars for $1.69. Can't be beat!
Quality: Have been using the same bar everyday for 2 weeks and barely have put a dent in it.
Latherability: not the best, but it does lather well.
Moisturizing: Nothing special, but does the job.
Scent: Not like the shave stick at all! However, super peppery scent grew on me. I like it!
Efficacy: Gets me clean every time!
Packaging: Cardboard box? Not like it stays in the box for that long- who care's?

Overall, I could use this for my only soap. I'm planning on getting rid of shampoo bars (Sorry Chagrin Valley) all together and stick with only Palmolive bars and Yardley ones.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
This is just a regular run of the mill bar soap. Not bad for $1, you get 3 bars. I found it at my local Dollar Tree.

I was hoping the scent would be the same as the shave stick, unfortunately it is not. It's still pretty good, but has more of an industrial/synthetic scent it. Thats my only complaint, otherwise it's a good product and I will continue to use it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I've been buying these at Dollar Tree for at least a year now. I usually buy more of the Yardley's soaps for $1/bar (I think the wife likes it better), but the 3-for-a-buck Palmolive does the trick as well. I usually put it in the bath my teen-aged boys use - no complaints from them.

I always wondered if it smells the same as the shaving soap stick - now I know!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Discussion thread here.

Where do I begin? I'm going to stock up tomorrow. I'm thinking 30 bars? Am I crazy? No! But I do have 10 bucks. You read that right. I intend on buying 30 of these--for 10 bucks. Why? Because these are 3 for a dollar at target. Yes, you read that right too. The same great scent of palmolive shave stick in bath soap form is 3 for a dollar at target. But please, before you run to the nearest target, please read on.

I walked by this on the shelf and nearly tripped turning back so fast to grab this. I couldn't believe it. 33 cents for a 3.2oz bar of this stuff! I just got their shave stick and fell in love--to believe I could double dip by using this just made my mild monday morning that much more incredible. (Mild=palmolives soap scent)

If you like AV musk, or Irish springs, or OS or anything spicey, citrusy, or woodsy, you may just like this. I know I do.

Let's look at the ingredients:(Number one is Sodium Tallowate):

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Sodium Palmate, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Elaeis Guineensis, Olea Europaea, Pentasodium Pentetate, Cellulose Gum, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.

Price: Practically free

Quality: It's a no-nonsense product. Nothing fancy, but does it's job well.

Latherability: I'm sure this works better for others than myself, but I get a decent lather over my body before the final rinse. Nothing explosive.

Mositurizing: Best for my skin by-far with every mans jack in second. Given I haven't tried much yet and my yardley and Pre De provence are still in their packaging, my word is a long shot.

Scent: I LOVE this scent. It's a mild, masculine irish-springsy scent.

Efficacy: I think it's something to write home about, personally. The value is exciting. The performance makes you feel like it's just another great day. Of course, when a weekend pamper comes around, this is not my go-to soap, but I look forward to it every day before school begins.

Packaging: I like it. Though it would probably bring back a more nostalgic feeling back to my parents, it reminds me of the days back in the middle east when my mother would always be on us for showers and the fresh clean scent of my father. This packing says 10-20 years ago, but is made in modern day. Brings back a nostalgic feel of my own.

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing