What's new

Pacific Shaving Company All Natural Shaving Cream

Pros: price, lather
Cons: scent
Picked this up at a local Meijer store while shopping for my Jason skin oil. My lowest ranking is for scent, not because it's bad, but because it's barely there. I like some odor while I'm shaving. I even tried a watermelon tallow soap just because its scent punched me in the face. Other than that this is an awesome cream. It lathered up nicely, clung to my face and I felt smooth afterward.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Superb latherability
Cons: It isn't available in many stoes.
A superbly slick shaving cream. I have been using the tube I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond for one week. It gas a nice scent--a hint of lemon-lime, that my wife likes.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this cream. It's one of the very few creams out of the dozens I have tested that don't break down after a couple passes when I shave in the shower. In other words, it has a nice resistance to the additional moisture that's brought on by all the steam and random spray.

The smell is a light citrus that I find very refreshing and clean. Latherability is outsanding and on par with creams costing twice as much. It's not as moisturzing as say Nancy Boy Revitalizing (which I place as the top moisturizing cream I've encountered) but it is nicely moisturizing, cushioning, and slick. :thumbup:

The most surprising aspect of trying this cream (which I will be stockpiling) is that I found it at my local grocery store. Not a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or even an expensive high end store. Just an average, budget minded supermarket. Somehow this store that carries absolutely nothing in terms of higher end shaving supplies or even women's cosmetics for that matter has a bunch of Pacific Shaving products (cream, styptic, blade oil, and shaving oil - which I also recommend).

Apparently Pacific Shaving Company is taking it to the people! :001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I don't post reviews very often, but once in a while I just try something that clicks with me. I found this cream to be very nice, works just fine with a brush. I like a think layer of very rich lather (like spreading butter on my face) and this cream delivered. Excellent shave, excellent price. I will have to try it brushless and it if it works well, it may just become my travel cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I am relatively new to the DE wetshaving scene, having started around last Thanksgiving. In that time I have purchased the following shave creams/soaps: TOBS Avocado, TOBS Rose, Tabac shave soap, Nancy Boy Signature scent shave cream and several of the Mama bear soaps.

That being said, Pacific shave cream is as good as if not better than any of them.

Price
The price is reasonable, especially in light of the quality. They could charge twice as much and I still wouldn't consider it overpriced.

Quality
Top notch. This product gave me on of the best shaves I've ever had, and I'm sure that is tied directly to the quality of the ingredients and formula that was used.

Scent
I gave it a 7, because it is definitely a nice scent, kind of spicy lemon. It makes a nice contrast to the other creams/soaps I have, for that reason alone it will be in my rotation for the forseeable future. I didn't give it a ten simply because I didn't like the scent as much as Nancy Boy Signature, which has proven to be my 'gold standard' for scents thus far.

Latherability
Despite it being a 'low lather' cream, I found it made plenty of lather with my run of the mill tweezerman's badger brush. It is a very slick lather, almost like a soap, but that is part of its appeal. The slickness gives a great amount of razor glide which is one reason why I think this cream shaves so well. It shaves as well if not better than the Tabac I have.

Efficacy
As I stated above, this is where this cream really shines. First, the actual shave is superb. Lots of razor glide, very close shave, the cream does its job when the blade in contact with your face. However, what I found even more impressive was after the shave. I don't know what all they put in this, but my skin felt great all day long. Whatever they put in there does a great job of calming and toning the skin for the rest of the day.

Moisturizing Properties
I still use ASB with this product, however if I had to go without any ASB, either this or TOBS Avocado would be my choice. Excellent moisturizing. i echo the previous review in that it does seem to impart some sort of conditioning that you can feel even after you wash all the cream away. However, I mean that in a completely positive way, I don't mean it leaves an oily residue or anything like that, but that it leaves the skin feeling better than before.

Packaging
I know its totally subjective, but I really like the colors and design that went into the logo and bottle. The jar feels very solid and closes securely. A much better looking package than the PVC tubs used by TOBS.

Customer Service
I know this isn't a usual category, but I wanted to add it and give them a 10 as Stan proved to be exceptional.

Overall, this product is as good as any I have yet tried. Nancy Boy Signature is still probably my favorite simply due to the superior smell, but Pacific does treat my skin better post shave than NB. Either way, I can't see this dropping out of my rotation any time soon, and for those days when my skin is really beat up and in need of some TLC, this might be my first choice, over even TOBS Avocado. I highly recommend, everyone who appreciates top notch creams should give Pacific a try.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)