What's new

Opus X Reserve Robusto

Pros: Rich flavor, copious smoke
Cons: goes out every damn time
I've smoked a few of these. The first time was at the Fuente store in Vegas. I was blown away -- a great smoke-- wonderful creamy smoke, rich mouth-filling flavor. It was like nothing else I'd ever had. I loved it. And then it went out about 1/2 way through. Nothing would make it re-light. re-cut, tried to "purge", ran a straightened paper clip into it... nothing. The nice people at the Fuente store gave me a new one to take with me for my trouble.
Strangely, the freebie they gave me smoked to about 3/4 and then clogged. I purchased one a year later at my local B&M store and had the same issue. Very weird.
Now, maybe it's me -- but I've never had the problem with another cigar. And I have talked to other smokers who have had similar problems.
So, while I will readily give this cigar a good review for it's flavor and richness, it is with the caveat that the quality of construction may not match the reputation and price of the product.

That said, it is probably worth the splurge if you've never had one. They ARE a great tasting cigar. And you can find them for far less than $30+ that the Fuente store sells them for. My local B&M usually has them for $15-20.
Aroma
5.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Flavor
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Pros: It is the definition of perfection
Cons: None!
Although expensive. It is totally worth the splurge.
Aroma
5.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Flavor
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)