What's new

Omega Stripey

Item Description

This was my first badger brush, and the only other I've aquired since is and EJ BBB, so my experience is not great. This brush makes a great lather. I was "shocked" when I first used it, since before I had a wimpy old boar brush. This really makes a great lather and I like the way it "scrubs" my face. Although the EJ BBB makes a slightly better lather, it is just a bit to "limp" for my taste.

Until something better comes along, this will be my "go to" brush.

Latest reviews

Pros: makes a good lather
Cons: poor quality
I have owned this brush for two years. About six months ago, the knot came apart from the handle. This sort of thing should never happen to a good brush. I have tried in vain to contact Omega. Amazon said too much time has passed, so they were no help. The third party seller did not return my email. I would advise anyone to STAY AWAY from anything made by Omega...pure junk.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I had one of these and it was a very good brush. I doubt it shed more than 6 hairs in the 18 months I owned it.

Omega brushes are a solid value! :thumbup1:
I received this brush (also called an Omega 63171 on WCS) as a Christmas present to replace my VDH boar brush. Since then I have used an EJ BBB, as well as a Wee Scot. To be completely honest, though, this one is still my favorite. I find that I prefer a good scrubbing when I lather, and this brush scrubs with aplomb. The size is excellent, though perhaps a bit big for my taste (I find that I prefer the precision of smaller knots). The hair is high quality, and is packed in quite densely. The backbone of the brush is stellar, especially at this price point. With the stiffness does come a bit of scrithiness, which can become irritating after several passes, especially if you have sensitive skin. The handle is a lovely, functional shave which is very comfortable in the hand. It also has a solid, high quality feel. I've been able to make great lather with this brush with everything I've tried so far. I liked it so much, I talked both my roommates into getting one! It's a great brush, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone as a great first or second brush.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)