What's new

Omega "Peachy" Silvertip #617

Item Description

Overall this brush fits the bill for the economic Shaver that wants to have a Silvertip. I used it only with Tabac soap so far, so my experiences will be limited to that soap only (but i don't expect this brush to perform worse with other soaps or creams).

Price is a 9 for me. Silvertips are quite expensive and the better ones start around $50 and end in never never land. So for $66 shipped to my door from Amazon, this was a decent deal for a Brand name Silvertip. I read about Omega brush quality here before and was torn between the Omega and a Rooney but decided on the cheaper Omega Brush.

Quality is also a 9 in my book. I have a hard time giving a "10" unless I'm convinced it can't be ANY better. That being said, i find nothing particularly wrong with this brush. It's dense, soft and lathers up very nicely.

Density for me is 8. It's a dense brush but as i said before, i have a hard time giving a "10" and i feel it could be denser but it's more than adequate.

Stiffness of Tips The tips are not stiff but have a certain Resistance to them when pushed on the dry brush. I guess it's fairly common for Silvertips to be less stiff and therefore it's a 7 for me here.

Softness of Tips is where the Omega really shines. It's soft as it gets on your face. I really can't imagine any Silvertip being much softer on your face when lathering up. It's fantastic and really deserves the rare "10" in this case.

Ergonomics is the only category that i consider the Omega being flawed. The handle is very small and could really be a little longer. If you have slightly bigger hands, this might bother you. For me it's a 7 on the scale since i usually hold my brush not at the handle when i lather my face but it can become quite cumbersome to create good lather with the small handle.

Latherability is easily achieved with this brush. Tabac soap is famous for easily creating lather and this brush makes it effortless, slightly only hindered by the above mentioned small handle. Overall though, the lather was excellent and easily made and even easier to apply on the face. A straight 8 here.

In summary, the Omega Silvertip "Peachy" #617 Badger Brush is a fine Silvertip brush for people who dive into the finer brushes and that don't want to spend a fortune for their first silvertip. At $66, the value is excellent and will find many friends among the fellow members here, I'm sure. :001_smile

I also made a discussion thread in the "Brushes" forum section if you're interested in discussing this brush:

Discuss here

Latest reviews

Overall this brush fits the bill for the economic Shaver that wants to have a Silvertip. I used it only with Tabac soap so far, so my experiences will be limited to that soap only (but i don't expect this brush to perform worse with other soaps or creams).

Price is a 9 for me. Silvertips are quite expensive and the better ones start around $50 and end in never never land. So for $66 shipped to my door from Amazon, this was a decent deal for a Brand name Silvertip. I read about Omega brush quality here before and was torn between the Omega and a Rooney but decided on the cheaper Omega Brush.

Quality is also a 9 in my book. I have a hard time giving a "10" unless I'm convinced it can't be ANY better. That being said, i find nothing particularly wrong with this brush. It's dense, soft and lathers up very nicely.

Density for me is 8. It's a dense brush but as i said before, i have a hard time giving a "10" and i feel it could be denser but it's more than adequate.

Stiffness of Tips The tips are not stiff but have a certain Resistance to them when pushed on the dry brush. I guess it's fairly common for Silvertips to be less stiff and therefore it's a 7 for me here.

Softness of Tips is where the Omega really shines. It's soft as it gets on your face. I really can't imagine any Silvertip being much softer on your face when lathering up. It's fantastic and really deserves the rare "10" in this case.

Ergonomics is the only category that i consider the Omega being flawed. The handle is very small and could really be a little longer. If you have slightly bigger hands, this might bother you. For me it's a 7 on the scale since i usually hold my brush not at the handle when i lather my face but it can become quite cumbersome to create good lather with the small handle.

Latherability is easily achieved with this brush. Tabac soap is famous for easily creating lather and this brush makes it effortless, slightly only hindered by the above mentioned small handle. Overall though, the lather was excellent and easily made and even easier to apply on the face. A straight 8 here.

In summary, the Omega Silvertip "Peachy" #617 Badger Brush is a fine Silvertip brush for people who dive into the finer brushes and that don't want to spend a fortune for their first silvertip. At $66, the value is excellent and will find many friends among the fellow members here, I'm sure. :001_smile

I also made a discussion thread in the "Brushes" forum section if you're interested in discussing this brush:

Discuss here
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
ScYcS
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from ScYcS

• Parker 91R Razor
    Ok, this review is hard for me to write. Why? Because the Razor has two...
Top Bottom