What's new

Omega Elegant

I was fortunate to buy my Elegant at the $40 initial offering.
For that price I believe there is no better buy to be bartered.

The faux ivory base is constructed very well and has a tactile feel ....not slippery whatsoever. Beautiful color and the Omega emblem is quite classy.

Compared to my other brush, the C&E BBB, bristle density seems comparable. Adequate but not overly stuffed.

Medium stiff at the base with the tips feeling very luxurious and rather floppy. "Paint brush" feel would be a term to use.

Good with creams, difficult for me with soaps. But I'm not going to put ALL the blame on the brush for that.

OVERALL: I really like this brush. It is very different than the C&E BBB in many areas. Its bigger, floppier and more lux. Exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks to DINDER for the Heads-up.:wink:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
I jumped on the Perfect Beauty Omega brush run while the prices were still rock bottom. I picked up the Elegant brush for $45 shipped via Amazon.

Pre and post-bloom shots.

displayimage.php
displayimage.php

Price: I had no reason to buy this brush other than it was priced at a huge discount compared to other stores. I believe this normally sells for around $125. It's hard to complain about $40 (plus $5 shipping). You get a lot of brush for the price. But is that a lot of good?

Quality: This brush feels very solid with good craftmanship. No glue visible. I've only used it a few times, but I haven't lost a hair.

The packaging is good. A nice box which is simple and effective.

There are a couple nice touches, like the Omega emblem on the handle and the plastic medalion that hangs from the handle.

Density: This brush is more dense than it feels. Why is that? The hairs are too stinkin' long for the hair stiffness. Couple that with the classic dome shape, and it feels like you have less hair than is there. There is quite a bit of hair in there, you just don't get the benefits of it.

I measure the knot to be around 25mm-26mm

Stiffness of Tips: Not a lot of stiffnes here and therefore little if any scrubbing action.

Softness of Tips: The tips are pretty soft. The brush feels nice on the face. Like a big wet soft paintbrush.

Ergonomic: Fantastic as expected as this is what looks to be a PJ2 knockoff. In fact, I measured the handle and it's almost identical to the measurements of the PJ2 listed on Em's site. Hmmm... But I do love the feel of the handle. Nice shape and very nice material with good heft to it. The brush is well balanced and keeps your fingers out of the lather.

Latherability: Works like a champ on creams in a bowl. Not so news worthy with soaps as the bloom is quite large and makes a mess. It works, but takes a little bit more time due to the size and stiffness.

Overall: Maybe it seems I was overly critical of this brush. But I figure the Perfect Beauty deal won't last forever and your other options are much pricier. If you can snag this for $40, it's a great deal. At $60, I'm a little indifferent and might recommend something else. At $125, I'd be sorely dissapointed. The brush is a pleasure on the face, but I'm tempted to mention the "f" word (floppy). I'm sure some guys really like the feel of this brush. I'm just not sure I'm one of them.

One last thought...man, this brush stinks. I mean scent-wise. Peew! It's gone now, but it certainly took more worh than normal.

Please use this thread for discussion.
Top Bottom