What's new

Omega 636 in Finest Silvertip

Pros: Beautiful Brush, Extremly Soft
Just a beautiful brush. Very soft tips and not too dense.No problems with lathering. I may a,so get the larger one. They have 3 more sizes above this one.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
for the price of $45 it was a STEAL. it lathered great but then again its my first silvertip shave brush. also it is kind of small for me but thats the only downside too it
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
So I picked this up last week, as I really liked the looks of the brush and SBAD was in gear. I had reservations about getting the Omega, as I have another Omega badger in pure and it seemed a bit floppy to me, not terrible, but not perfect either. I just used it tonight, and have to say I am really happy with it. Just the right amount of density, and the tips are uber-soft. A real pleasure. I attribute this to my selection of loft and knot size. This one has a shorter (49MM) loft, and a 21mm knot.

Price - at $45 for a silvertip, how can you go wrong, definitely a 10.

Quality - I had to ding it here, as the finish had a little problem. The gold ring at the top of the handle was a bit of a sloppy paint job. May have been a bad batch. The knot, handle material, and packaging were all quite nice.

Density - I give it a 9. Not overly dense so it lets go of the lather, but enough to give it the backbone you need for soaps as well as creams. It's definitely hit the sweet spot in this category.

Stiffness of Tips - Again, just stiff enough to dig in to a puck of MWF, and whip it into a frenzy.

Softness of Tips - Really soft tips. Not a bit prickly, or scritchy. Just a nice soft lathering experience. It really shines here.

Ergonomic - I have average hands, a bit on the meaty side, and the brush fit me perfectly. I have a tendency to hold the bottom part of the handle with my fingertips, so most brushes are good here. I really like where the indentation is on this handle, as it facilitates my grip.

Latherability - What can I say? First lather was with MWF, and had no problems generating copious amounts of creamy slick lather. I chose this soap as it has a reputation of being difficult to lather. No problem, and it was my first time using MWF as well.

All in all, my experience was positive, and I would highly recommend this brush, especially at this price point. Would be a really good starter brush, or even better, it would make a great gift, as the presentation is nice. I could see myself gifting these to clients.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)