What's new

Omega 30005 Boar Brush

I've owned many expensive badger brushes from all the main makers, including the Stubby and Chubby models.

I find this little brush provides a very, very similar face feel to the Stubby 2, for a fraction of the cost.

It's remarkable!

I prefer this brush to all the Semogues I've tried, and that includes the LE 2009 , which I found too large.

This brush is perfect for face lathering, is stiff, good backbone, yet with softer tips than any Semogue I've tried, even the LE. It also has a very comfortable handle. The photos do not do this brush justice.

A complete and utter bargain and a highly overlooked gem.

John
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Found what I was looking for...
A stiffish but still comfortable brush that is inexpensive with good ergonomics and lather-ability.
I use a shave cream and face lather and this brush works great. It quickly gets up a good lather with the bristles massaging the 2 day growth whiskers standing them up a bit.
A pleasure to use, would definitely buy again.

(funny, there is a chance I bought it from the same store as Bman (review above), I am from the same city)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I found this brush at my local Shopper's in Richmond BC.

It was next to a white plastic handled model, and I hemmed and hawed for about a month before I pulled the trigger on the wooden handle. The handle design and ergonomics on the wood are just so much better than the plastic handle.

I have used it off and on for about two months and I can say that this is an excellent brush for the price. I have been using badger hair brushes (knots from the Golden Nib in my own handles) since I started DE shaving, and I wish I had considered the Omega brushes earlier in the game.

This brush lathers really well with both soaps and creams, and it improves after each shave, as the tips continue to split and soften.

If you live in Canada, and are near a Shopper's, you really should swing by and pick one up - less than $15 and its a steal. *If you are in BC, you can also pick up Proraso pre/post, Proraso cream, white and green soaps, Old Spice, Aqua Velva and Brut (I'll pass on the latter, however - BAARF:lol:)

Barry
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Great brush for an unbelievably low price. It makes great lather once you have it broken in. This is a high quality product that makes the perfect first brush. The only down side was that mine was a bit skunky smelling when I got it, but this goes away eventually with the Borax soak. Mine also shed a bit more than my Semogue did at first, but nothing excessive.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Just bought this brush to try the boar difference after reading several boar enthusiast posts and I must say I love it. I've been using the C&E Best Badger Edwing Jagger for several years but was intrigued by the prospect of "springier" bristles.

The brush is very nicely finished with a fine grain wood handle that looks like it could withstand moisture without cracking. The size and ergonomics of the handle are perfect. My only wish design-wise is that the Omega Logo would've been better etched than painted, for durability.

Regarding the all important issue of SMELL: I have previously bought another Omega with a mock-ivory plastic handle and that one smelled TERRIBLE!:scared: The 30005 however had a much more pleasant smell, a lot like wet wool at first. Soaking it in hot (boiled) water and a 1/2 teaspoon of borax then washing with shampoo got rid of the smell. After 2 shaves it smells like my shaving soap.

Soaking the brush in hot water for several minutes before every shave really softens up the bristles and I can barely tell the difference in softness with the C&E Best Badger after that. The brush lathers-up my C&E Sienna soap in almost the same time as my badger brush.

Overall an awesome brush in terms of bang-for-buck and performance.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I've had mine for about 6 months and highly recommend it, especially for those new to wet shaving or wanting an alternative to the feel of a typically soft Badger brush.

The bristles are initially stiff but with plenty of use, the ends of the hairs will split, which is a good thing since it will make them feel softer.
The unique thing about this brush is it's handle. It's very comfortable but is not a common design :confused:
I'd sure like to see this shape offered on more brush designs!

Overall, this is a great brush to start with, and one that you will continue to enjoy. This brush doesn't need to be babied, and could be a dedicated soap brush. Mine still looks like new, especially the handle's finish.

Price - Can you find something of this quality for less??
Quality - I learned with this brush, and have only lost a couple hairs.
Density - Holds enough water, and lathers very well.
Stiffness of Tips - Stiff enough to perform well with soaps.
Softness of Tips - With use they get softer.
Ergonomic - The unique handle is awesome in any sized hand.
Latherability - Great with soap and cream.

To sum up, don't let the price of this brush fool you. It's top quality for a great price.
If you get one, it just might be the only (boar) brush you'll keep in your collection.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I think its a good brush to start whit ,like i did, but the tips are not very soft and they are kinda stiff,,i still use that brush but i look forward to buy a badger brush in the futur....good to start whit!
This brush is available at most of the Shoppers Drug Marts in Toronto. It was the second boar brush after my Wilkinson, and works a whole lot better.

Price - 14.99. This brush will last years and for the price it is a bargain.

Quality - As far as I have seen, it retains a great amount of water and has shed no hairs as far as I can recall. The handle is a lot heavier than my Tweezerman and feels great in the hand.

Density - The hairs are packed relatively close together.

Stiffness of tips - I prefer soaps, and this brush picks up a decent amount of soap in a short amount of time - and does not waste any of it. Great for face lathering.

Softness of tips - While it is stiff enough to pick up the soap, it also is soft enough to feel luxurious on the face.

Ergonomic - As mentioned, the handle has a great weight to it, and feels well crafted - not hollow or cheap.

Latherability - It lathers up a storm with cheap soaps and expensive soaps - it just takes a bit of modification depending on the soap. With creams it is a little bit slower to build something up but I have only tried palm lathering and only with one kind of cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)