What's new

Omega 10066

Pros: Very affordable, solid performer.
Cons: Not the prettiest bush on the market.
On first inspection, this is a "value" brush. Maybe not the pick of the litter in the looks department; tall and skinny with a plain appearance, I call it my ugly duckling. But man, this brush sure does perform well.

I was in the market for an inexpensive boar for travel and some harder soaps, and I am glad I found this Omega! Instead of setting it aside for travel, I tend to use it regularly in my rotation. Alongside an AOS badger and a C&E badger. I'm not a "brush guy" by any means yet, but I like this guy a lot. This brush has really impressed me with it's abitlity to make a great lather with soaps - hard or soft, and creams. I don't face lather all that often, but the bristles feel very soft on my face with the right amount of backbone to dig in to the soaps but not make you feel like you're going to bruise your cheeks with the thing when you put it to your face.

In conclusion, this is very affordable, makes a great fairly quick lather out of anything you throw at it, it's soft and solid.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cost, Durability, Style, Availability
Cons: Slight generic appeal
My first brush that is still going strong after1.5 years of use. It is my "go to" brush. It has lost less than 10 hairs in total, and has stopped shedding after 6-8 months of purchase date. The tips split and softened up after 4-6 months usage - has felt great for the past year easily. At the beginning, the tips were a bit scratchy but still good nonetheless. It has had a pretty bloom for over a year now. In terms of lathering, this sucker is hungry: it needs alot of soap to fill up, but once its had its fill, will provide loads of it in return. I think most of the Omega boar brushes have the same characteristics, so even the Omega 10005 will perform likewise. Anyway, great brush, try it out! I'll try to post a pic of mine in the future.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
I'm seriously considering purchasing this brush. :)
As said nothing wrong with quality and price. Omega would be my #1 brushmaker if they fitted quality handles on their boars like Vulfix does. Now they make me keep on looking for something nicer but I didn't find the same quality of bristle yet. As being mostly a face latherer I am looking for shorter lofts these days but the 10066 is still not too big for that.

After breaking in it is very soft and can make good lather out of soaps that hardly lather at all. Like all Omega boars I tried, this one won't let you down and I wouldn't want to trade it for most silvertips...but that is just me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Price: Hey, at anywhere from $8 to $14 online, this a a great value performer, as are all the Omega Boars.

Quality: This is my fourth Omega brush, and with the exception of one brush with a minor cosmetic flaw that was taken care of by the vendor, I have never had a problem with Omega quality. They are consistent, and good.

Density: Perfect level of density for a boar. Not overstuffed, but who needs that with boar stiffness?

Stiffness of Tips: Tips are stiff to really get in to a soap and load the brush with ease. Great for hard milled soaps like Vintage Williams, Insititut Karite, etc...

Softness of Tips: This one is not banded, so expect a good three weeks before it really starts to shine. After they have split, the tips are soft, and whip lather like a dream.

Ergonomic: The shape of the handle allows for a natural grip, with no sharp edges or anything to stress your hand. I like the "vase-like" shape, and it works fine for my grip. Handle could have a little more heft.

Latherability: Like all boars, properly load the brush, and work it on your face or in the bowl and you will be rewarded with a generous amount of lather for your shave.

Overall, if you are looking for a shorter lofted boar, this will fit the bill.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)