What's new

Olivia Churchill shaving soap

In December 2008 this soap and two others came to my doorsteps. I was excited since Olivia's soaps were well received in the community and I wanted to make up my mind, too.

Now after one and a half year I can say I know how the soap wants to be lathered. And this is something to take care of. Because if you lather this soap wrongly the performance will always lower than it actually is.

The Churchill shaving soap is once lathered up freshly smelling and very cushioning. It's citrus and goes well with a citrus after shave.
When I shave with it it always amazes me how cushioning it is. Even after one rinse of water it leaves a small protective glide providing layer. It's very moisturizing and not drying. Though it is not as moisture giving as other high end soaps.
The shave soap is not as efficient as other tallow soaps and it's its largest drawback. For a good lather you need to use much more.

A good soap with the disadvantage of tricky lathering but a good price and quality.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I received this soap as a gift just yesterday, so I thought I'd give it the old college try this morning for my shave. I took a good shower, and then applied a hot towel on my face, then used my Savile Row brush for the lathering. Although it doesn't lather up with an explosion like Arko soap, or Gold-Dachs Spezial soap, I could easily forgive that, :cool: because the scent is lovely, something like a citrus-woody mix, it gives excellent moisturizing, preventing dryness, and that lousy tight, pulling feeling that I hate. This soap comes from www.olivia-seife.de in Germany.

Jeff
Top Bottom