What's new

Olimon Shaving Cream

Item Description

I received this as a generous PIF from Jopo/Jordan at Against the Grain. My apologies for being delinquent in posting the promised review.

Price - $10 a tube seem comparable to other creams.

Quality - overall seems to be pretty good; no issues with the cream or the packaging.

Scent - nice. Very fresh, not quite citrus and not quite "green," but some elements of each. Fresh scent.

Latherability - lathers about as well as any other cream I have used, although I needed a little more product to get there.

Efficacy - very protective, but not as slick as I like (which drops it a point or two). I use Bigelow/Proraso as my baseline, and this gives about as much cushion but not as slick.

Moisturizing Properties - doesn't dry out my skin (a big plus in my book), but doesn't add anything, either. It's supposed to have some additional moisturizing properties, but I didn't notice anything over and above a good quality cream.

Packaging - matching cardboard box, metal tube, nice cap. Nothing elegant, but reasonable. The smallish opening made it difficult to get the thick cream (the description says it's "an extremely dense cream, almost like putty") out of the tube.

Overall, I like Bigelow and the TOBS Avocado Oil and Sandalwood creams better, but Olimon is a good performer. If Olimon is all I could get I could go on getting good shaves for the rest of my life. I don't think I'll be replacing it (I've used about 3/4 of the tube), but if it was slicker I would strongly consider getting more.

Latest reviews

I received this as a generous PIF from Jopo/Jordan at Against the Grain. My apologies for being delinquent in posting the promised review.

Price - $10 a tube seem comparable to other creams.

Quality - overall seems to be pretty good; no issues with the cream or the packaging.

Scent - nice. Very fresh, not quite citrus and not quite "green," but some elements of each. Fresh scent.

Latherability - lathers about as well as any other cream I have used, although I needed a little more product to get there.

Efficacy - very protective, but not as slick as I like (which drops it a point or two). I use Bigelow/Proraso as my baseline, and this gives about as much cushion but not as slick.

Moisturizing Properties - doesn't dry out my skin (a big plus in my book), but doesn't add anything, either. It's supposed to have some additional moisturizing properties, but I didn't notice anything over and above a good quality cream.

Packaging - matching cardboard box, metal tube, nice cap. Nothing elegant, but reasonable. The smallish opening made it difficult to get the thick cream (the description says it's "an extremely dense cream, almost like putty") out of the tube.

Overall, I like Bigelow and the TOBS Avocado Oil and Sandalwood creams better, but Olimon is a good performer. If Olimon is all I could get I could go on getting good shaves for the rest of my life. I don't think I'll be replacing it (I've used about 3/4 of the tube), but if it was slicker I would strongly consider getting more.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)