What's new

Old Spice Whitewater

At around £5 a bottle here in the uk this is a cheap and nice a/s and easily available, i find this a modern scent and a long way from the original classic, there is a slight afterburn but nothing alarming and i find the scent sticks around afterwards for a while, never seems to dry my skin up though also does not add much moisture, i lke this in my rotation as its not in your face strong and good value for the cost.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Its funny how one persons perception of a product differs from the next :smile:.
I like this aftershave and use it on a fairly regular basis, usually during the day, its an everyday aftershave if you like.
Comes in a nice glass bottle, fights razor burn and is quite cooling. Moisturises OK and the smell is quite nice in my opinion and lasts all day on my skin.
All in all an OK product, nothing to fancy but does the job and is relatively inexpensive, worth having on the shelf.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Out of sheer curiosity, I went out and purchased a bottle of Old Spice Whitewater. When I got home, I found a transparent glass bottle in the traditional Old Spice shape, but with a square-ish pattern going accross the whole bottle, and containing a cool-looking blue liquid.

In terms of the ratings criteria:

Price: Costs a little under £5 here in the UK, which is not bad, as the product does work fairly well.

Quality: The whole thing is made very well, and the even the plastic stopper does a great job of not letting anything escape.

Fights Razor Burn: It certainly does, but I wouldn't expect any less from an alcohol-based splash.

Cooling Sensation: This stuff actually does have a cooling effect, not as strong as Proraso or Italian Original Floid, but nevertheless, there is one there. Its a bit like the 4711 Aftershave.

Scent: Here is where the aftershave loses points for me. The scent is absolutely nothing like Old Spice, not even remotely. This really defeats the point, in my opinion, of even using the Old Spice brand here. I would have, at least, expected a slight wiff of Old Spice. Instead, there is a lemony...fresh... sort of smell, which has none of the nostalgic quality of Old Spice, but smells more like a mass-appealing cheap sort of smell. Kind of reminded me of Davidoff Cool Water initially, which is not bad, but as I said, not what I expected. Furthermore, the scent does not last very long, which, I realise, is what colognes are for, but I would have hoped that this would have had a similar staying power as normal Old Spice. Certainly not a keeper in my case.

Efficacy: It works, overall, except for its scent. It does a good job of treating your skin after shaving, and the cooling sensation is a nice touch as well.

Moisturising: This stuff does not really moisturise at all, just like normal Old Spice, it tends to dry the skin.

No Alcohol Burn: There is a burn, though not quite as strong as the original Old Spice.

To conclude, the product certainly looks great (I love the pattern on the bottle, which enhances grip too). However, the scent is really not for me, and doesn't give me a reason to buy this again. However, it may well be a more mass-appealing scent. In my opinion, this product shares nothing with the original Old Spice, except for its name; I'd rather buy the original Old Spice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)