What's new

Old Spice Fresh

Wow, after reading the above review you would expect all kinds of complexity from Old Spice Fresh...

I'd have to say I strongly disagree with the original reviewer. This is a fine aftershave, but I pick up on none of the aforementioned notes. This is a basic, powdery scented AS that smells almost nothing like Old Spice. No floral hints, leather, smoke, patchouli, spice, etc. Just a basic, fresh, clean scent (hence the name).

It has a mild cooling effect, little in the way of moisturizing, and a very mild alcohol sting. Your basic no frills aftershave that has a short lived but crisp, enjoyable scent that is more akin to a deodorant stick or fresh linen.

I'd have to say that this is my favorite of the current Old Spice line put out by P&G. It is not dissimilar to the original Shulton Fresh formulation, but it is missing the trademark "spice" note of the original compound.

I've not tried the most current plastic bottle reformulation. If you look hard enough some Wal-Marts still stock the glass bottle incarnation, which is what I'm reviewing here if you haven't picked up on that yet. :bored:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I just picked this up from Walmart for around five dollars. It is a new revival of the original fresh scent by Shulton from the 80s. It has the character of Old Spice original with a touch of modernity. Notes to my nose are rose, carnation, orange, leather, musk, castoreum, patchouli, oak moss. So sort of a smokey, animalic floral.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)