What's new

Ogallala "Special Reserve" Bay Rum

Pros: Great longevity for a Bay Rum
Cons: Burns(so good)
Terrific longevity for a Bay Rum. If you don't like burn stay away from this one. I happen to like extremes and this is extreme. The added witch hazel is a nice added touch for healing. Very sweet and 'gingerbready' fragrance that you will get whiffs off all day. I purchased the 8oz bottle.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
I'm a big fan of all the Ogallala products. I especially love the colognes. I used the original as an aftershave but when I got the special reserve, WOW, you want to go light on that stuff. It smells great and lasts a heck of a lot longer than the old stuff, but it is a little strong for aftershave. I do use the SR as such, but I use very, VERY, little. It seems to work and it lasts all day and most of the night if need be. I highly recommend this to anyone; regardless of weather they are looking for an old time sent, a new change of pace, or even if they don’t shave at all. For me, the special reserve is kind of like the desert at the end of the meal. And you cant complain about the price too much either. They always have deals for the savvy shopper.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
its nice very nice ,only when i put it on it burns !not a pinauld bay rum burn (that initialy burns like the fires of hell and goes away )this actually burns my skin on my chest .but its that nice im going to buy more ha!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
This stuff smells GOOD on a cold day. It's warm, spicy, and cuddly. Every bit as strong as people say. My wife and I both love it!
I thought the price was fantastic, only $20 for 8oz. Came with one oz. samples of limes and peppercorns, bayrum aftershave/skintoner, bayrum & sandalwood, and a 2 oz. sample of bayrum air freshener (which, btw, is outstanding).
I got to looking around their site, and noticed they make an Ogallala Bay Rum Weiner Wash. :eek: I've got a houseful of weiner dogs!
By middle of next week everyone in the house is going to smell like Ogallala Bay Rum. :w00t:
Except for SWMBO, of course. :cool:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Smells great..very great. But HOLY MOLEY!!! This stuff is STRONG!! Its a great take on an old favorite without coming off as 'modernized' or trendy. It will be a part of my rotation for a long time. Apparently, I got a super concentrated bottle or something because it is rocket-fuel-strong! It did stay in a hot car for a couple of days at an airport before it got to me. (Now for some exaggerated drama)...I used it for the first just as I would use any other scent. The initial blast took my breath (I used quite a bit) At first I heard a tone, then my ears started to ring and the left side of my face went numb and I nearly lost vision in that eye. The cat died and I had to be quarrantined until I could get to a firehose to tone it down. It has staying power too...like a half-life of 50,000 years. I know I will use it all because I'm not sure how to dispose of it safely. Handle using welding tongs and gloves. OK, not that extreme. But it is a great Bay Rum that I would put up against anything out there.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Just got my bottle today. The "Special Reserve" is apparently more concentrated then the regular. It is on the strong side - but at least you don't have to worry about it wearing off in 2 hours.
Love bay rum for its warm spicy scent. Used to use an AS, not theirs, but that would either dissipate too quickly or torch my face.

This cologne, and used on body rather than face, suits my needs. Not exactly subtle effect, but you can't tell it across the room either. Also lasts, but not all day. For me a great combination.

I have no detailed opinion on the elements or complexity of the scent. Again, a warm spicy, moderately complex, fragrance. Also an interesting bottle, but I'm a user not a collector. I paid around $20 for 8 oz. which should keep me in stock for quite a while.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
my new favorite Bay Rum cologne by far. This "Special" mixture lasts all day. I you love Bay Rum and have been looking for a product that does last, consider this one!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)