What's new

Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

Pros: Scent, soothing, SWMBO ilkes this stuff!
Cons: none
Great stuff! Nice scent that does not last too long. Very soothing. Cannot beat the price for this quality product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great smell, Great lather from the soap, leaves the skin feeling great.
Cons: None
The shave soap smells fantastic and provides a great lather. The aftershave smells the same as the soap and has great staying power and a nice mid ground level of sandalwood. I'd call it the Goldilocks ratio, not too strong, not too mild, but just right. The body wash is also quite excellent in my opinion !!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Not overwhelming.........just right with good staying power
Cons: NA
Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and PeppercornsI'm a big Bay Rum user. I've been using Dominica Bay Rum, and Dominica Bay Rum Lime. These two were my aftershave lotions that I would use 99% of the time. I pick after hour scents that are more for the scent than the feel on the skin (use Joop and Royal Copenhagen Musk for after hour affairs, etc.) A friend introduced me to the Ogallala brand and I think, for my taste the Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns is what I will use as my aftershave standby. It feels wonderful after a nice close shave with one of my DE razors.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
First off, this is a WONDERFUL scent! I'm a sandalwood freak, and though this doesn't speak truly of real sandalwood it is great nonetheless. It's sweet and creamy. I don't normally go for those types of scents but I can't help but like this one.

It's pretty linear, not complex at all. Whatever you get when you spray it on is pretty much how it stays.

The gripe that I have with this product is the staying power. I am lucky to get 1-2 hours if I spray it on skin. I've tried double spraying on spots, I've tried different areas, nothing really seems to help much. I now spray it on my collar and on the front of my shirt, and it stays for a while that way. Otherwise, very short-lived.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Tried the cologne and it's fine, however, I used the bay rum and sandalwood shaving soap and broke out into hives! Next day, suspecting it may have been a Tiger blade , I washed my hands with the soap and guess what- chapped skin! Had to apply Desonide cortisone cream. Must be the sandalwood as I had no problem with the bay rum shaving soap.

My staple is Erasmic, and Proraso, and never a rash, etc. Now switched to Trumper's. One gets what one pays for, unfortunately a lot of shaving products, and blades, are not made in the west any longer. Tradition has its benefits.

I'll still use Ogallala, but certainly not the sandalwood.
I loved it. I recently got it with a sample of Bay Rum. This lasted all day with me. The bay rum tends to fade leaving a wonderful soft and woodsy sandalwood aroma. I received many compliments throughout the day. I also loved it throughout the day. I have other sandalwoods and this one has the staying power and scent worth coming back to. I will keep this and keep buying more. The price is very reasonable also.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)