What's new

Obenauf's leather oil

As a former wildland firefighter I made my living doing hard work in rugged terrain. Products that don't excel don't find a place in your gear. This stuff manages to find its way into everyones gear. This is the best stuff for the job hands down.

I use to live in spokane just blocks from nicks boots. You will never find any place more aware of what goes into fitting you for a work boot and then building it for you. I know its off topic, but nicks boots are rough and ready.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish
5.00 star(s)
I am a former USFS Hotshot who used Obernoff products to care for my Nick's boots. The boots have lasted for FIVE seasons of the harshest imaginable conditions due in no small part to the Obernoff product line. I typically would oil or grease my boots after each 14 day "roll." I witnessed other Hotshots, less dilligent in thier boot care, who would require a rebuild/new boots after two or three seasons.

I recomend this product to anyone. The price is higher than some other leather care products, but a little goes a very long way and the results speak for themselves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
I use the Obenauf's grease on my Nick's Hotshots, and it is really great stuff. Combine that with the Obenauf's laces, and they have a kick-butt product line. The grease is readily absorbed by the leather, and doesn't sit on top just to be smeared around. If the oil is half as good as the grease, it's a great product.
We have a couple of nice leather couches. We also have . . . one dog . . and one village idiot (me) who just want to sit on the couch after doing gardening or somesuch . . . so yes the couch was darker where me and dog sat . . . . for the last 8 years . . . and Obenauf's stuff has helped even out the look and protected the leather . . . I used it on a leather coat I've been wearing for 20 years and wow . . . I wish I had taken before and after pics
It's priced a little high but it's a high quality product. It's the only thing I put on my White's (2 pair) and I can get about 3 years out of the boots before a rebuild is in order. There's not many other products you'll find wildland firefighters putting on a 400.00 pair of work boots. I highly recommend this product.
This stuff and the rest of obenauf's lineup were created to protect the boots of firefighters.

I had some leather items I wanted to keep in good shape and decided to give obenauf's leather oil a try. It works great and is readily absorbed into the leather in a very short time. It may not be the cheapest stuff out there ($15.95 for 16 oz.), but a little goes a long way and the fantastic results are worth it. Another nice thing about it is it does not contain neatsfoot or mink oil, which some say can be more harmful than good. Obenauf's claims their oil is the same oil used in many tanning processes. In the end the leather was softened slightly and looked like it was brand new. It also imparts a nice new leahter smell to older leather.

They also have an equally impressive leather protecting wax called Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP and an extremely mild yet effective cleaner called White Jaguar Leather Cleaner. Even their boot laces are impressive as they have extra nylon for strenth and are cured in the leather oil then covered in the Heavy Duty LP.

Great stuff and well worth the price.

"Use Obenauf's Leather Oil for regular maintenance and preservation of leather items, specially when warm, dusty, or dry conditions are dehydrating your valuable leathers. Our Leather Oil is a gentle blend of natural oils, waxes, and propolis that extends the life of leather and also rejuenates neglected, dried, faded leather. Easier to apply than our Heavy Duty LP, it provides fast, convenient protection that also preserves. Obenauf's Leather Oil:

* Restores dried leather to a soft and supple condition.
* Restores sun-faded leather.
* Repels water.
* Resists cracking, scuffing, and dry rot.
* Applies easily with the applicator cap or with a clean cloth.
* Penetrates deeply into leather.
* Can be buffed to shine or polished over.
* Excellent for touch-ups between applications of Heavy Duty LP.
* Contains no harmful silicones, petroleums, solvents, or neatsfoot.
* Is approved for Gore-Tex® footwear.

Gentle on the leather, but remarkably tough in it's preservation qualities, Obenauf's Leather Oil is perfect for leather furniture, exotic dress boots, saddles & tack, motorcycle leather (provides outstanding protection against wind, sun, and water), garments, baseball gloves, work boots (firefighters use it to protect their boots from the scorching heat of forest fires), automotive seat leather (protects it from the baking sun) holsters & scabbards, and much more."
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)