What's new

Nubian Heritage African Black Bar Soap 5oz

Item Description

With Oats, Aloe And Vitamin E. Deep Cleansing. 100% Vegetable Based. No Animal By Product or Testing. Combines the properties of black soap with the hydrating properties of Shea Butter to balance problem skin. Contains palm ash, plantain peel extract, tamarind extract and papaya enzymes. Used to treat eczema, acne, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments.

Latest reviews

Pros: Helps control oil without drying you out.
Cons: The grey lather can be disconcerting.
I've been using this product for about a month now, on the recommendation of another gentleman here, as my shampoo, body, and face wash and have noticed a definite improvement in how oily my skin is, and the apparent size of my pores.
Addressing the specifics listed above:
Price: I've seen it as high as $6 in health food stores, to as low as $2.61 online. That's certainly more expensive than Irish Spring or Dial, but it's on the low end of average for "natural" soaps.
Quality: Here are the ingredients, you decide: 100% Vegetable Soap: African black soap base, coconut oil and/or palm oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), avena sativa (oat) kernel meal, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, plantain extract, tocopherol (vitamin E), vegetable glycerin, mineral pigment or vegetable color, essential oil blend.
Latherability: Instant frothiness, even in fairly hard water. Better than any other bar soap I've tried.
Moisturizing: Unlike with many products for oily skin, my skin is never left feeling tight and stripped of its moisture. I find I don't need conditioner for my hair any more either. Even my goatee, which used to be dry and brittle, despite the oiliness of my skin, is now soft even without conditioners.
Scent: For me, scent is a very important factor in choosing products. I don't care how good a product is, if I don't like the scent it doesn't earn a place in my routine. While I don't find the scent of this soap inspiring, nor do I find it offensive. It smells like fresh figs to me. That would probably be the plantain extract. In any case, the scent is so mild, it doesn't compete for attention with my shaving products or EDT. That, to me, is a good thing.
Efficacy:Yesterday I decided to get rid of all the other products cluttering up my shower; I just don't need them anymore. I think that alone speaks toward its efficacy.
Packaging: It's a cardboard box. Pretty much what I expect around a bar of soap. :shrugs:
Overall, I highly recommend trying Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, especially if you have oily or combination skin.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Pros: super rich lather, moisturizing and hydrating
Cons: will stain white or light colored towels
I have oily skin and this product cleanses without drying and leaves the skin soft and balanced. The scent is subtle and won't take over or interfere with other scents you may want to use following your shower. I can't stress how well this soap lathers!! Do you want a luxurious shower/bath, try this product.

I was skeptical, as my wife bought this product due to an acne outbreak she had on her shoulders. After a few days in the shower, I completely took this bar of soap over and claim it as my own. BTW it did help with her outbreak. Love this product and I highly recommend it. Do be careful as it will stain light colored fabrics.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)