What's new

Nr. 93 K 44 Sophist - shaving brush, silvertip badger, high-grade resin bla

Item Description

I bought a Mühle sophist Size L, shaving brush, together with my ShaveMac 177, 23mm Silver Tip and my Kent BLK4, represents my brush arsenal.

The brush comes in a nice box which almost matches, the Kent's box. When I mention Kent in the same sentence, it is because there are more similarities to be found. After its first use it blooms up and get its fan shape, not unlike my BLK4, softness and the feel is also very similar. It is perhaps a little softer than Kent and some softer than ShaveMac, it folds easily and effortlessly around the cheek.

The biggest difference is the handle! In my case it is made ​​of processed resin, which has been processed and polished so that it has a black glossy surface at the bottom, there are bright rust-free steel, here is Mühle's distinctive logo. All this makes the handle extremely heavy, it makes it a little odd to work with.

Having said so is the foaming of both hard soap and cream easy and comfortable, it makes a delicious foam, and is nice to distribute the soap with.

All in all a pleasant brush in spite of the slightly skewed weight balance, it has many similarities with Kent brush. If I want to emphasize one over the other is very difficult, Kent's backbone is perhaps a tiny bit more stiff. But that is all.

Regards Henrik

Latest reviews

Pros: Softest best all round brush ever made ?!?
Cons: Some will find it too floppy and soft for face lathering
This is my goto brush if I need an all round great brush. It's more suited for bowl lathering but will do a fine job at face lathering too if needed. The silvertips badger hairs in this brush is 10/10 in quality. Leaves Simpsons, Kent, Thater, Rooney and Plisson in the dust. Some will call it floppy, but to me it's the softest silky most smooth brush I've ever tested in my life. It rivals my Kent BLK8 in this regard. The handle is made in black high quality resin and the bottom is made in polished chrome with the Mühle logo on the bottom. Top marks for design - it takes a custom Shavemac to match this design and quality. I often use this brush to wet and prepare my face before I either face of bowl lather with my brush of the day because this Mühle brush is just so silky smooth and soft in feel. Will always be a part of my den because of this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Pros: The craftsmanship, nice and soft.
Cons: Heavy handle, make it a little odd to use.
I bought a Mühle sophist Size L, shaving brush, together with my ShaveMac 177, 23mm Silver Tip and my Kent BLK4, represents my brush arsenal.

The brush comes in a nice box which almost matches, the Kent's box. When I mention Kent in the same sentence, it is because there are more similarities to be found. After its first use it blooms up and get its fan shape, not unlike my BLK4, softness and the feel is also very similar. It is perhaps a little softer than Kent and some softer than ShaveMac, it folds easily and effortlessly around the cheek.

The biggest difference is the handle! In my case it is made ​​of processed resin, which has been processed and polished so that it has a black glossy surface at the bottom, there are bright rust-free steel, here is Mühle's distinctive logo. All this makes the handle extremely heavy, it makes it a little odd to work with.

Having said so is the foaming of both hard soap and cream easy and comfortable, it makes a delicious foam, and is nice to distribute the soap with.

All in all a pleasant brush in spite of the slightly skewed weight balance, it has many similarities with Kent brush. If I want to emphasize one over the other is very difficult, Kent's backbone is perhaps a tiny bit more stiff. But that is all.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
HenrikP
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from HenrikP

Image by Cerruti is a Aromatic Green fragrance for men. Image was...
  • I Coloniali Soothing Aftershave Emulsion
    Rhubarb is a perennial plant with small white fl owers that originates...
  • BLK4
    "Kent's Heritage G B Kent & Sons Ltd, manufacturers of...
Top Bottom