What's new

Noxzema lather shaving cream

Pros: Creamy and protects very well
Cons: smell isn't anything to write home about
Review for the Aloe and Lanolin in the green can. I use all the good creams... Cella, TOBS, Proraso, La Toja... and a few other nice ones. I bought this on a whim because my dad used to keep it around. This stuff is very protective of the skin. It provided one of the best shaves I've had in a long time. TOBS almond is my goto shave cream for this type of result. I sprayed the can into a bowl and loaded my brush up.. which was strange.. but it worked. Added a small amount of water because this stuff is thick and seemed to need some IMO. This cream is very good and only costs 2 bucks at the store. It's not as fun as my other creams, and it doesn't smell anywhere near as nice, but the results are top notch. It left my face feeling very nice. I'd call it face butter.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I love it. Got this from a fellow BB in U.K. and I'm truly enjoying it. It lathers very easily to produce a thick and smooth lather.

The cooling effect from the menthol is definitely there and it makes the shave feel very fresh afterward. The scent is mild and stays long enough to make you enjoy it during the shave. Also, the 150 ml tube will last a long time.

Get it if you can and enjoy it!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Yeah, definitely saw this stuff in Lowe's Food today. It came in 3 different variety. Pretty excited about trying it, since it's getting talked about a lot. I hope everyone gets checks out this review to see that it is NO LONGER DISCONTINUED
nice
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
To be fair I have not tried the tube variety ,despite it being available at CONAUGHT SHAVING.

I have however been using the can variety for the last month or so and I've Found it to be one of the finest shaving creams I've ever used .

The cocoa butter is especially thick and provides a smooth well protected shave either using a straight or a safety razor.

The original and menthal also offer the same qualities though not quite as moisturizing ,the menthal is amazing if your into having a frozen face both during and after shaving ,so strong in fact it makes my eyes water!.

Forget the aloe vera , its thin and watery and provides next to no protection .

I'm like most on this forum and I have striven to shave in a traditional manner for the last 2+ years ,making a lather from a shaving mug using a badger brush and using either a straght razor or more recently a safety razor ,however this cream is amazing and although it comes in a can you just cannot knock it .:thumbup1:
I know most of you have mentioned that the "original" Noxzema shave cream in a tube was discontinued....wel it was here in the U.S. It is still available outside the U.S. Here is the link to "razor and brush" and they have it listed on their shaving cream page...ENJOY!

............. THIS SITE WON'T ALLOW ME TO POST THE LINK, So go to a search engine and look for "razor and brush." Under google, it should be the first site listed. Then go to shaving creams...
I'm shaving with Barbasol Original Beard Buster in a can.
Noxzema SC (tube)

Got that cream from Mister Furex from Italy. What a great cream! I love the cooling sensation (you're not only feel it when your rinse your face but also when you shave! ) and lather is fantastic. The tube is old fashion kind and quiet big (125 ml) I really think that cream will be in my daily rotation, that's for sure. In my opinion, It's even better than Proraso :w00t:

Raphaël
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
My dad only used Noxema for years and years, as I did. It was my first "cream" when I started shaving 20 or so years ago. I was very disappointed when they discontinued this product. Loved the menthol as it gave a great cooling effect, much like Proraso. The review was correct, they don't make 'em like this anymore. I still miss it a bit.
Yup, they really don't make 'em like that any more--this brand was discontinued around 15 years ago, and what a loss it was to the wetshaving world. Noxzema lather cream came in a red and blue tube, a very small amount gave a lather that was explosive and rich, and the skincare was heavenly. I used only this brand for 25 years, and NOTHING else. I was lucky to get a sample of it recently from a gentleman in this group, and I'd do anything to get another tube. It was pure nostalgia for me when I was shaving with this stuff this morning.

Jeff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability