What's new

Northwoods Woodcraft 22mm Silvertip Badger Brush

Hello Folks,

I have had the opportunity to try one of Northwoods Woodcraft ( http://stores.ebay.com/Northwoods-Woodcraft )'s 22mm knot x 70mm loft Custom Silvertip Badger Brushes.

The vendor:
This was simply the best packing job I have seen to date from a brush vendor. The brush was wrapped in bubble wrap, placed in a padded and reinforced tube, more bubble wrap, then a padded mailer. My English brushes have mostly come in a box, set in a padded mailer. Much more care and attention to detail in this case in my opinion. Also good communication, and quick shipping.

The handle:
Made from Cocobolo, which seems to be a very dense wood, this handle was unfazed by over an hour soaking in water. I have been using it for about two weeks now, without issue. The size, balance, and ergonomics of the handle are perfect, allowing nearly any grip to be used comfortably. Not slippery at all, and a wonder to behold.

The tips:
This is silvertip hair without a doubt. The tips are soft. Like a pillow on the face. I have quite sensitive skin, so any sort of prickly sensation bugs me to no end, and this brush has none whatsoever.

The knot:
This is where the brush could use more substance, in my opinion. Either the knot is simply packed too loosely, or is not set deeply enough into the base, and the 70mm length is too long to provide the kind of rigidity I have come to expect from my brushes. This issue did not to affect the lather at all, but just did not provide that firm sensation I like when applying the lather. I have provided this feedback to the vendor as well.

Barring the one issue above, I would recommend this brush to anyone. Craftsmanship was top notch, and if you happen to like your brushes on the less firm side, this may be the brush for you. It could be kin to a Vulfix in that respect.

See pics below, both alone, and with my other 22-23mm brushes (brush in question on far right).

J

Unbloomed:
attachment.php

Bloomed:
attachment.php

Bloomed, top:
attachment.php

With others:
attachment.php

With others, top:
attachment.php
Price