What's new

None

Pros: Will not cut yourself
Cons: Everything else
While the build quality of the unit is good it is absolutely, totally, and completely inadequate to the task of removing whiskers from a 24 hour old beard. Tried the very poor Derby blades that came with it to no avail. Tried my trusty old Personna Blue labels to no avail. Finally put in a Feather and still could not remove the stubble from my face. I have an average beard and not sensitive skin. I have no trouble with my Lord 626, L5, Gillette Tech, Knack, or slim twin Schick. Bottom Line:This thing could not remove the hair in three or four passes. There is just not enough blade exposure. Do not be fooled-While it looks like a copy of a Gillette Super Speed it is not!
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good quality razor for the $12.99 (USD) price
Cons: Handle gets very slippery during shaving
An inexpensive razor, which is giving me good shaves. This would be a great travel razor to use if you have a favorite you would not want to loose while traveling. My only minor complaint is that the handle is very slippery to hold during shaving; unlike the Weber Bulldog Handle I have on my 'Franken Razor'.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Price
Cons: lightweight
This was given to me as a gift so price was excellent. I took it as a travel razor since I wasn't afraid to lose it. It performed admirably and, although it's not a great razor, it works wonderfully for the price.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive, available at any Sally's easy to load.
Cons: Kind of light.
Gives a decent shave, TTO will good blade placement. If you are a newbie or looking to get someone into wet shaving, you could do worse.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
Pros: TTO, Inexpensive, smooth close shave, decent quality
Cons: Stainless steel, not chrome plated brass. Light weight.
Inexpensive TTO razor that shaves well. The brand is "Shaving Factory", but the maker is Derby (the people famous for blades). I paid $12.99 in a retail store for this with no great expectations on the hopes it would be a mild razor to use on my head (scalp, I shave my head too). I was surprised by its shave quality and it has become my primary face razor in a fleet that includes the EJ DE86 and Merkur 38C-HD. To understand my surprise, I have what I call a "porcupine" beard - very tough. I normally use Feather blades and wish they were sharper. My first time with the Derby I used a Derby Extra blade and it shaved better than any other razor I own with Feather blades. I have yet to try a feather blade in this razor, I don't need to. The quality is decent, not exceptional. The metal finish is clean and it appears to be all stainless steel. The blades align correctly every time and once closed there's no rattles or other signs of poor quality. The head does expose more blade edge than I'm used to with my other razors, so perhaps this is a bit more aggressive and might explain the close shaves. It's pretty forgiving about angle and has never cut me or caused skin irritation (a huge problem for me). In the USA these razors are sold by Sally Beauty & Barber Supply (retail store or web order). Perhaps other companies sell it too. All around great economy razor that shaves like an expensive razor.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)