What's new

Nobile by Gucci

Item Description

Nobile has been discontinued for some time. However, it can still be found online, and it's really worth the $$$ to pick up a bottle.

Gucci Nobile is something of a silent phenomenon. It comes from the '80s, and specifically from that decade's "powerhouse frag" category. It's also, obviously, a designer frag. Despite all this, Nobile is not really an in-your-face Kouros-esque monstrosity, nor is it particularly gaudy in any way, which runs counter to much of what Gucci represents. Naturally, they don't make it anymore . . .

Words to describe Nobile . . . restrained fougère with elegant composition, a beautiful lineage of bitter citrus, lavender, fir/pine, green florals, dark vetiver and moss, woods. This has been compared by some to Chanel Pour Monsieur, but as I strongly dislike PM, Nobile doesn't really compare. Actually, this is pretty much what I wish PM was, instead of being the harsh homage to lemon Pledge that it is. Nobile picks up all the right cues of a perfectly balanced fougère, and brings its greens and herbaceous elements to a powdery, dry finish. What it lacks in spontaneity, Nobile makes up for in poise and sophistication - although at the price, perhaps, of being a bit formal. This is country club material. There's nothing about it that alludes to the gauzy commercial entity of Gucci, and it amazes me that this house could make something so pleasant and classic.

Complexity is detailed and wonderful. It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny. Longevity is good, at least 8 hours. Packaging is restrained, but in line with what's inside. The atomizer is fine.

My bottle is empty, but if you can find someone who has Nobile and is willing to sell, take them up on it.

Latest reviews

Nobile has been discontinued for some time. However, it can still be found online, and it's really worth the $$$ to pick up a bottle.

Gucci Nobile is something of a silent phenomenon. It comes from the '80s, and specifically from that decade's "powerhouse frag" category. It's also, obviously, a designer frag. Despite all this, Nobile is not really an in-your-face Kouros-esque monstrosity, nor is it particularly gaudy in any way, which runs counter to much of what Gucci represents. Naturally, they don't make it anymore . . .

Words to describe Nobile . . . restrained fougère with elegant composition, a beautiful lineage of bitter citrus, lavender, fir/pine, green florals, dark vetiver and moss, woods. This has been compared by some to Chanel Pour Monsieur, but as I strongly dislike PM, Nobile doesn't really compare. Actually, this is pretty much what I wish PM was, instead of being the harsh homage to lemon Pledge that it is. Nobile picks up all the right cues of a perfectly balanced fougère, and brings its greens and herbaceous elements to a powdery, dry finish. What it lacks in spontaneity, Nobile makes up for in poise and sophistication - although at the price, perhaps, of being a bit formal. This is country club material. There's nothing about it that alludes to the gauzy commercial entity of Gucci, and it amazes me that this house could make something so pleasant and classic.

Complexity is detailed and wonderful. It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny. Longevity is good, at least 8 hours. Packaging is restrained, but in line with what's inside. The atomizer is fine.

My bottle is empty, but if you can find someone who has Nobile and is willing to sell, take them up on it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Featherweight
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Featherweight

Top Bottom