What's new

Nivea Krem do Golenia (shaving cream)

This cream is reasonably priced.

It lathers and shaves on par with proraso stuff (which I love, BTW)

I like the smell. It's not mind-blowing, but it smells young AND classy.

I tried to like Florena, but it burned the heck out of my face and turned me red.

This cream has solved the problem. great stuff.

This is in my main rotation of about 5 creams.

I've probably tried 35-40 different creams

Would buy again
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
The Nivea shaving cream is now widely available in Canada and seems to have replaced the Florena shave cream. I believe Nivea and Florena are made by the same company.

The scent of the Nivea is quite pleasant and not as strong as the Florena cream. A tube of Nivea costs $2.99 in Canada so it's inexpensive.

It lathers up well and gives a good shave. For the money, I can't really think of a cream that performs as well. I have tried various creams such as: The Body Shop, Taylors of Bond Street "Rose", Florena, Crabtree and Evelyn "Nomad", Kiss My Face "Mint", Proraso "Green".

This is now my daily shave cream as I can no longer justify spending the extra money for the "higher end" creams. They might smell better and be more exclusive, but on a performance basis, the law of diminishing returns comes into effect.
Who says that expensive is always the best? Not me! I have tried many different kinds of creams as well as soaps, some which I paid as much as 40 bucks for, and others which I paid as little as 1 buck and a half for, and I can tell you that sometimes you're better off going for the cheapest stuff. I know someone personally living in Poland, who I do business with, and he sent me a tube of this cream, and I must say the scent is nothing to hit the ceiling about, but at least you'll get a rich, creamy, effective lather with this stuff, and great moisturizing which is so important during and after a shave.

Jeff
Top Bottom