What's new

Nivea for Men Milde Rasier Creme

Item Description

I just got this tube this weekend from Merz Apothecary's internet site, www.smallflower.com. After putting just a small dolop of cream in my lathering bowl, I was rewarded with a mug full of warm, slick lather with that great Nivea for Men scent. All in all, very good stuff.

Latest reviews

Pros: The perfect product for me.
Cons: Tough to find in the USA.
This is my perfect shaving cream. Lubes the face enough but not too much. No irritation. And the price, when purchased in Europe, is very reasonable. Main drawback is in the USA I have only found online and the price is excessive.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Excels in every area.
Cons: Only available online from select retailers.
Let me add to the chorus of those singing the praises of this cream. Ounce for ounce it is probably the best cream in my shave den. It behaves like a cream that should be selling for 3 times the price or more. This cream is not flashy, it won't overwhelm you with the smell or the packaging. The packaging is the classic Nivea blue, and the smell is the classic Nivea smell. I have come to enjoy the Nivea smell, even if I prefer a more woodsy scent for my shaves. The smell is manly, like something my dad would have used. Come to think of it, this is what my dad used.

The shave itself is great. It is moisturizing, slick and effective. There is minimal razor drag and it feels like the cream takes seriously the job of beard elimination. It is as sturdy a cream as the Germans who make it. I don't use this cream every day, I often choose to go with the creams I own that are more luxurious. But when I know I need a no nonsense good shave, I reach for this. It is a predictably good shave every time.

If I had to nitpick, I guess I wish the cream was more readily available in the States. Having to buy this online means having to pay shipping costs equal to the price of one tube. Also, I like creams that come in a tub more than a tube, for some reason I just find it easier to lather by swirling the brush around the tub and then around my bowl, but if these are my biggest negatives, I must be really searching to find something wrong.

Do yourself a favor and buy some. Are you a newbie? What a perfect cream to start with till you have your routine down. Don't go spending the big bucks until you can really enjoy the fancier stuff. Personally, I panic if I find myself with less than two full tubes at any one time. In fact when I do, I usually order 2 more right away, and even with shipping, I pay what I would for a tub of anything comparable. Nivea Mild Raiser Creme, keep being yourself, a champion of the common wetshaver.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap and Good lather and a nice smell
I like Nivea product's they just work right and also this shaving cream and its very cheap.

I payed € 1,29 that is still more then Wilkinson Shaving cream € 0,85 and Palmolive shaving cream € 0,99, but still a very good value.

However I find this is a very good cream which offers great value and makes a good lather and the scent does smell nice, but you gotta like it, its a lemon kinda smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)