What's new

Nivea For MEn Extra Gentle face wash

I am prone to breaking out. My skin is combination and I always have trouble finding a good facewash. Most dry my face out. Typically I use Cetaphil. I like Nivea Sensitive better for several reason. First reason is that a little goes a long way. Cetaphil gel and regular you need a bit more to clease your face. Also I can't detect any scent with Nivea while Cetaphil has a very mild scent. My only two complaints with Nivea is I wish it were in a pump and even though it doesn't dry me out I would like it to moisturize very slightly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
I have been using this for a while. I have rather sensitive skins and so far it is working nicely for me.

Price
Far from the most expensive face wash out there, but still not what I would consider a bargain

Quality
It does evertyhing it promises to do

Moisturizing
Having quite dry skin I would reaaly have liked it to be more moisturizing

Scent
Has no added scents, but upon applying it has a rather unpleasant chemical smell, nothing that sticks though

Effiency
Quite efficiant, though not a long lasting product

Packaging
The tube is ok, but ultimatly I would have preffered a dispenser type bottle

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
a good product; has no scent; doesnt last particularly long; but is great if you have sensitive skin
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
and i am very suprised. nivea products have always treated my skin poorly. after reading many good reviews i picked this up for $4.94 @ my local discount store. my skin is notoriously fussy and it has tolerated this very well.

price; for under $5.00 this is a steal.

quality; although loaded with all sorts of inorganic material, it feels like medium-density aloe. thus far, after 3 days, my skin feels (and looks) great. i experience just a small amount uf drying under my eyes after washing but it's nothing that my moisturizer doesn't take care of.

scent; nothing is ever really 100% fragrance-free. that said, this is close. what residual scent there is is quite clean and non-chemical.

efficacy; a full on 10 here. my skin loves it. i would think after 3 days if my skin is going to react adversely it would have. so this cleanser not only cleanses away the days crud, it leaves my skin calm and soothed (is that a word?).

packaging; again, a 10, because the tube isn't packaged inside any excessive paper box or fancy packaging. also, i can recycle the tube.

summary; if *my* sensitive skin can tolerate and appreciate this, i'd be almost positive that 99.9 out of 100 readers could too. there's nothing fancy or sexy about this cleanser. it does what it's supposed to do without any bells and whistles (i.e. fragrance, anti-aging properties), but it does do it very, very well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
This is good for sensitive skin.

However, not having sensitive skin, I find this wash very "boring".

You put it on, you wash it off. No smell, no tingle.

I like a face wash to have a bit of kick/menthol/tingle, to wake me up in the morning and to revive and refresh me. This does neither, but then it's not supposed to. Those ingredients that provide that effect are likely bad for sensitive skin.

Have given '0' for scent, meaning "it doesn't have one".
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Agreed, it's a very good over the counter product. I found it at Wal-Greens for $4 on sale. It's similar to Cetaphil but it's more of a gel and less of a liquid. It's easier to work around the face and feels slicker going on. The after effect is identical. I like both products as well. They compliment each other well, so I put Cetaphil on the sink and Nivea in the shower. Seems to work great since Cetaphil washes hands as well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
I have dry/sensitive skin, and this is a great face wash.

It comes in a white tube ; the wash itself is a gel that doesn't really foam ; it's not a soapy foam, more a creamy, mild lather that doesn't strip the skin ; leaves the skin clean and not dried out ; doesn't leave a residue

This wash has a neutral scent, but it still smells better than Cetaphil gentle wash (the Cetaphil smells like glue...) ; don't get me wrong the Cetaphil is a great product, but I hate its scent

Honestly, this Nivea wash and Cetaphil are as good as their more expensive gentle counterparts (Baxter and Nancy Boy)

Ingredients :

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Benzophenone 4

Discuss here
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing