What's new

Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin

I like to have many kinds of a/s. I use this one sometimes when I want more moisture, although my skin is not too much susceptible to irritation.
I moisturizes very well, soothes skin, but doesn't protect agaisnt razor bumps or acne very well. I get many razor bumps when I use it, but I don't when I use an alcohol-based a/s. I think this balm has no effective astringent properties and that's why.
However, it soothes the skin without any burn. My skin is not too sensitive, but if yours is, you should try it.

-Coffee Addict
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have had à opportunity to use many after-shaves during my short life but this one is total sh... Just makes my face greezy and non moisturized. Too much aqua in product itself, and it should be more dence. Go for something else!
I like it but it isn't my favorite... Great for the price
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Nivea rocks!!!!
I see no need for expensive ASBs when this stuff is in my shave den.
TOP QUALITY!!!!
Moist and smooooooth!!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
For me, the Nivea products just do not do it. Nothing wrong with them, they just do not seem to get along with my skin. Tried this product and a hand lotion and both ended up being disappointments. Perhaps, my skin chemistry is such that their ingredients just do not agree with me. Packaging is nice, price is right- if it works for you great, just not on my list. Gave my bottle away.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I guess I got lucky getting this with my 1st try on the DE shaving. It has been great to me so far. Bought at wally world for 5.97!
I don't even remember how I came across this balm. I have been using this since the electric razor years, then the cartridge years, and now 2010 the DE year.

I can just say this is so good I never thought of using anything else.

That is a good thing, because I got enough to worry about now that I'm a DE infant :cursing:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is one of the best DS offerings, it does the job but not much else. I'd say the price is fair. I only had two issues with this product:

1- It leaves a sticky residue on my face, not too sticky or annoying but I'd rather not have that sticky feeling.

2- Fights razor burn but not as good as, say, Proraso or C.O. Bigelow.

I'd use this stuff in a pinch, not something I'd use every day. Probably not a good product in hot and humid climates.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I've been using this stuff for the last few years, and I pray that they never stop making it. Fantastic value, effective product. Milky and easily spreadable, one bottle will last several months (usually I can stretch mine to about a year). No burning like with alcohol, and indeed makes a noticeable difference the next time I shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
my first ASB, like it very much, but use different products now... I use it pretty fast though... not like proraso, or trumpers skin food, that last forever...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: Best priced product on the market as far as I am concerned.

Quality: Everything from the box it comes in and the glass bottle to the product itself is first rate.

Fights Razor Burn: You never even know you have any. I can occasionally feel it tingle a bit a while after using it but for the most part it is immediate. It, however, does not contain anything really in the way of astringents so if you are prone to razor burn induced acne this is not what you want.

Cooling Sensation: Thank god there is no menthol in this product. It is soothing, not cooling.

Scent: I know you might be scratching your head on a rating like this for an unscented product but let me explain. I bought this, the sensitive formula, because I wanted something unscented to wear with some of my colognes. This product delivered that perfectly. The chamomile smell is very slight and completely gone within seconds of rubbing it in.

Efficacy: Instant soothing and improvement of irritation. Long term effects from the product are first rate.

Moisturizing: That's totally this products bag, baby! :thumbup:

No Alcohol Burn: Nivea Sensitive is the polar opposite of alcohol burn.

Every single person should have a bottle of this at all times. I have a couple other AS products that I really like but this stuff is a miracle worker when your skin is dry or irritated. It can feel a bit heavy when it is hot and humid but never greasy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
My "base" balm of choice. I have dry skin, so whenever I use a splash I follow it up with the Nivea Sensitive. The lack of a scent means the splash scent will remain true, and the moisturizing and soothing properties are second only to Proraso. For the price, this can't be beat. I see this as a staple in my shaving drawer.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price:
about 6 dollars for 100ml. Not the cheapest stuff, but not all that expensive since a little really goes a long way.

Quality:
It works, and it works well. Even on my worst shaves this stuff will kill all razor burn permanently. Great scent, nice glass bottle, just good quality all around.

Fights razor burn:
yes it does and it does it better than anything I have used. Razor burn starts to fade right after application and stays dead long after. This would be the perfect stuff to use on those particularly rough shaves.

Cooling sensation:
none

Scent:
It has a very light and pleasant sweet-medicinal smell to it...I'm a guy, I dont know much about smells other than its good or bad and this is good.

Efficacy:
As I stated above, it works perfectly at killing razor burn and keeping it dead. Works great.

Moisturizing:
I find it to be perfectly moisturizing. It does not dry and my skin feels "normal" after I use it.

alcohol burn:
there is no alcohol burn, but it does have a minor "irritation" burn to it (I think its just me as anytime I put on a moisturizer after shaving it burns and my skin turns red). The burn is very mild and short lived and very much worth the spectacular results.

All-in-all:
a great product. Nice presentation. Nice short lived scent. Kills razor burn and leave my skin feeling great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Great stuff. Very good value for money. Used sparingly it works really well. I'd use this over other balms for razor burn. Works well as a general moisturiser. I don't have a great sense of smell but, to me there is no discernable scent. If I didn't have money to burn this would be the one I'd get.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Really nice stuff - after trying this, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to put up with alcohol burn.
Really the only thing I don't like about it is the scent, if you can even call it that - it pretty much smells like generic/unscented hand lotion.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
The best thing about this product is that it works.

The scent is pleasing, but unremarkable. Is is not expensive and it is avaialble at nearly every drigstore or grocery store.

Is does fight razor burn, but it is not anything like a premium product.

Recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Quite an affordable and easy to get product (my local supermarket has it), moisturizes my sensationally dry skin really well and smooths out the razor burn and redness. Great scent because there's hardly any, so you can mix & match with whatever AS/EDT/EDC-splash you want. Didn't really cool, nice glass bottle, not too liquid, not too thick and does well what it's intended to do.

I'm happy to see that the "big brands" can do these nice things. :)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This was actually the first balm I tried when I started taking more interest in shaving. It was something I did while 'on leave', so it lasted for a couple of years.

Its not all that thick, so a little goes a long way. But it still moisturizes fairly well. I think its pretty much on par with most of the supermarket balms, like the L'oreal. I remember being most fond of the scent.

Its been a few years so i cant remember any sensation...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
great for the price
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I had left this out of my rotation for sometime and actually threw the bottle away, then while at the grocery store I noticed it on sale for $3.15. How could I pass this up? And I was so happy I didn't pass it up because this stuff is great. I had been using several different splashes which I like for the stronger scent, but this stuff is much better for me for the moisturizing affect. It also gives a nice burn cooling sensation which is one of the reason why I like splashes.

I would highly recommend this to anyone's rotation!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)