What's new

Nivea energising post-shave fluid (splash)

I've never had it in me to break down and buy a high tier after shave splash, so I have always used those that are locally available.

I picked this up from Walmart when it was on roll back for a dollar off. The price is very good, especially when you consider this product will last you for months, even when being generous with it.

There is nothing to compare the scent to, although it does smell exactly like Nivea's post shave balm. It has an obvious chemical scent, but it's actually kind of nice, and fades away shortly after application.

The product itself does exactly what you would expect. I never get any burning sensation or break outs from using this product. I often find myself using this product as my only after shave product, and don't even feel the need to use any additional moisturizers. The splash is not heavy or sticky and after it dries you will have forgotten about it, without making your face shiny.

The cooling sensation feels good, but you're not going to stop and say "amazing". The "energizing" is more of a marketing word, but the cooling sensation is there and it does feel good.

If you want something cheap and readily available, then this is a very good after shave splash. Compared to other local after shave splashes, this is the best I have used.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Ok, after a few uses, time to post a review:

This product s available in Canada.

- scent: nice and modern; along the lines of Nivea cooling line; not overpowering

- quality-texture: it's thicker than your traditional splash; it's loaded with glycerin and castor oil, and seems to have a lower alcohol content

- cooling: although this splash is menholated, it's quite light in that department; it's less cooling than AV, original Skin Bracer, and even Proraso Pre-Post "white" (and that one doesn't even have menthol).
The cooling is still there, but it's still light

- "moisturizing":keep in mind that I have dry skin; although thicker than other splashes, it still leaves my skin a bit dry, as I can spot some "snowy" areas (not as much as with Mennen)
I have to follow up with a balm and moisturizer

- healing-soothing: yep

The weather is getting warmer, so it's a good time to use it, as long as I follow up with other products

Bottom line: very nice stuff

proxy.php

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing