What's new

New York Shaving Company, Cream, Elizabeth Street

Pros: Smell, Slickness
Cons: none
The cream has a pleasant smell, very barbershop-ish but not overpowering. The lather is great, mounds of it actually. Super slick on my face, and not drying like some soaps I've tried. I get a wonderful shave with this stuff. Highly recommend.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: The scent and the slickness
When I opened the Tub, I found it full of cream. It appears to be a little creamier looking than my current cream, but then again the current cream was two years old in rotation. The scent is what I think of as a barbershop kind of scent similar to Mr. Taylors but more "fresh smelling". All in all, I would say its a very good barbershop type of scent. I made a few swirls in the tub and lathered it up in my small lather bowl. After short time it just exploded with lather. I checked the consistency and it seemed spot on (how many times does that happen?) so I made a few more swirls and then applied it to my face. It is smooth and slick and I got a very good 3 pass shave, with touch ups, out of it. My skin feels good afterwards, not dried out at all. Would I recommend it? Definitely! I'm very happy with the purchase.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I went to their website but they only seem to be selling Taylor's creams. I see that they also sell their own badger brushes---any good?
Received a sample of this cream plus the pre-shave oil from John at New York Shaving Company.

First off, the lather just explodes in the bowl...i mean holy mounds of slick white goodness batman :batman:. With the amount of lather this stuff puts out I can probably get at least 3 more shaves off of the little sample he sent (I could have gotten 2 out of the lather I made the first time).

Now for the scent, it was extremely faint in the tub, and non-existent as lather. Considering the name, I was expecting something traditional like from the 3 T's. Personally, I like having the scent from the shave last a little while and trying to pair a good AS with it.

The shave was great. As I am sitting here a few hours after trying it out, one spot on my neck is a little irritated, but that may have been my fault. The lather was slick and didn't clog the razor and my skin felt nice afterward.

Set up: Slant w/ Gillette 7 o'clock (black), C&E Best Badger
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I tried the New York Shaving Company's shave cream and I have to say I think it is fantastic, one of the best creams I have used, proraso, c&e... The smell out of the "tub" was slightly feminine but went away after lathering and man did it lather, it requires a bit more water than other creams but that small addition of h2o will provide you with a plethora of lather. I started with a chub one and a dime sized portion of lather after a few seconds I realized I needed a few mor drops of aqua, after that HELLO lather, creamy, creamy, mounds of lather. Three lathers from the same dime of cream, three passes with the same lather and I have to say it stayed moist better than my soaps. I can't wait to see the final product in my den...
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)