What's new

New Version Muhle R-41

I have a 12c, which shaves me great !!!!, the head on the Muhle R41 is based on a side by side comparison identical to my 12c, I don't notice that the finish of the merkur is better or worse than the R41, as again to my near perfect eyesight and feel it looks and feels exactly the same.

I have ordered a custom fluted handle from Bob, to avoid any sense of having doubled up in buying the R41, over my existing 12c.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
I couldn't resist this one when I picked up the new R-89; after all I find the merkur open comb head one of the nicest (not closest) shaving heads around.

Price/quality ratio will be hard to beat; perfect fit and finish with this Mühle also. Typical that a perfectly made merkur head has to be found at the competition and I cannot believe the merkur guys/girls didn't notice this by now.
Perfect blade allignment (not so on my merkur) and no markings or damages on the molding. And just a few bucks more than my 25C (LHC)

Easy to use and the best handle I've come across till now. Together with a great balance (relatively light handle with a slightly heavier head) giving perfect control over my shave.

And then the shave; equally friendly as the merkur 25C but also a bit more aggressive so it gives definately a closer shave with the same number of passes. And the difference is in the head for sure; I even exchanged handles with the merkur to check that.
As with all mild razors you have to find the exact right angle to get the razor working but that is not any problem for me. In fact it is so efficient that I can go ATG straight after one WTG pass and there are only a few razors that can do the same trick.
That is why I mark it a 10 for aggression, because it is a perfect optimum between mild and efficient.

After using the new R-89 I thought that it was as good as it could get.
I was wrong !
I like this new R-41 even more and I think my RAD is officially cured....

PS. I know this has to sound more like a commercial than a review but this razor really blew me away.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Thanks for sharing
Good looking razor
Very attractive looking. Thanks for posting.
I received this new version of the Muhle R-41 as part of a package directly from Muhle in Germany. What a beautiful razor. What surprised me was it was light and the handle is longer then the old R-41 or R89. Longer then the HD 11C. The head is identical to the 11C but the screw is shorter. The shave was superb doing 3 passes wtg,atg,wtg. I used the new clay bowl that came with the set(but thats another review) This razor has it all,weight,balance,grip. I am not sure exactly how much it cost but I can definitely say it was less then the $38 they advertise.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)