What's new

New standard setting strop by Ruprazor.com

Are you comparing Ken's horsehide strop with Tony's latigo or horsehide strop? You don't specify.
Got this second hand from a straight shaver going back to DE . So this strop is not new .

http://ruprazor.com/store/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=20&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32

This Ruprazor 3" Paladin strop gives me a perfect draw . Also I find it restores the edge much faster than my Tony Miller 3" Artisian . I had to strop and strop with my TM and still was not sharp . Always warmed the leather with my skin oils before . It was like the TM quality fell away after a couple months . I make three passes with the Ruprazor and I'm back shaving . Full sharpness is always restored . That says it all for me .

Overall quality is a step above my Tony Miller IMO . The Ruprazor horsehide leather feels heavier and more plush . To me there is a real difference between horsehide and cow .

The Ruprazor canvas was also a nice surprise . My Tony Miller Artisian has a linen strop that deteriorated very fast . I had a lot of threads hanging off the side . The Rup canvas works for me nicely .

I did a lot of comparisons with my TM Artisian strop . I have to say it is a "good" strop . I find my second hand Ruprazor an excellent one . This one actually works for me by restoring the edge . My 3" TM will be up for sale soon .

cityjim
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish
5.00 star(s)
Overall Value
4.00 star(s)
Amount of Draw
5.00 star(s)
Thickness of Leather
5.00 star(s)
Top Bottom