What's new

New Musk: Prince Matchabelli

This cologne is my personal favorite so this review may be slightly biased, but I believe I can give an objectified overview of its qualities.

I've used this cologne for a little over five years now and I have found that unlike other colognes that may sour when my body temperature rises (anything with spicy or heady top/middle notes.) or I begin to perspire, New Musk deepens
and is accentuated by my body chemistry while at the same time it does not become overpowering.

I am uncertain if this is typical of musks in general but New Musk is much softer and is structured with more subtlety than most. It is masculine and fresh with underpinnings of a scent that I can't identify, however I think it should be known that my knowledge of the scent spectrum as far as pinpointing names is very limited. The closest comparison I can make is to Jovan's White Musk for women with little or no vanilla middle notes. White Musk also happens to be my favorite womens perfume.

-The price is fair for the amount in the bottle. (3.4 oz)

-The quality is high and has none of that odious mass-produced swagger.

-Its packaging is nice but not extravagant. I'll post better pictures later.

-Staying power is lasting but delicate, you'll catch wafts of it through the night.

-The atomizer is average at best but that really has no bearing on the cologne itself.

Anyway, this is a great cologne that conjures up feelings of breaking away from adolescence and leaving behind AXE Body Spray in the transition, while making you feel charismatic and alluring in a very gentlemanly way.

-Weiland
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power