What's new

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar as shaving soap

I have tried it and also didn't care for it much. The greatest failing was watery lather that I could not get thick enough, no matter how I tried. Of course, it is no a real shaving soap, anyway.

Tim
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Tried it and didn't like it for shaving. Cleans the face well though but don't get it in your eyes. It stings like hell and even washing out your eyes doesn't stop the burn.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
I've used this for many years in rotation with traditional wood-bowl shaving soaps. An excellent non-scented hypo-allergenic skin soap which in the past could be worked up quickly into a decent but not long-lasting lather. I've never failed to get a smooth shave from this product. My dermatologist has remarked on the excellent condition of my "senior" skin, which has encouraged me to continue using Neutrogena. Recently, though, the lathering workability of this soap has markedly diminished. I suspect that the manufacturing formula has changed. I don't think I'll continue using it. In a pinch I've tried other brands of glycerin soaps for wet shaving. Only Neutrogena seems to work for that purpose.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I used to use this prior to really getting into wetshaving per the advice of acne.org. Wasn't really all that bad, but there's certainly better out there. I don't care for the scent, but it lathers and performs acceptably. Doesn't moisturize well, and is actually a bit drying, even on my oily skin. Nonetheless, I'd say save your bucks and pick up some HBS soaps for around the same price.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Tried this and it worked great. My local department store had these on sale so I stocked up.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I tried using the Neutrogena Clear facial bars for an experiment. I found that It lathered well, dissolved and melted easily and can be used as a Glycerin based shaving soap very effectively. The Van Der Hagen shaving soap I compared it against is as good at lathering, but is 4 cents cheaper per ounce.

I guess the Neutrogena facial bar can serve in a pinch, or if you want to add your own scent.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)