What's new

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Shave Cream

Item Description

Price About $8.00-$9.00
After shave balm, preshave oil, etc. are a little bit cheaper in the same brand.

Quality This is what I fail to understand about Neutrogena. They put out all of these expensive products that claim to made of top notch ingredients. Yet it's always the same. Take it home, try it out, be horribly dissapointed, and throw it away in disgust. This "shave gel" failed to lather into a complete and stable cream. Even with a brush and a patient technique, it still fails to foam sufficently. Do not be fooled by the fancy packaging.

Scent The one borderline redeeming quality about this cream is the smell. I say 'borderline' because the almost chemical soap scent it gives off is almost too weird for some people, includingme. Kinda like a strange variation of hotel soap. Forget trying to wear any sort of after shave balm, the smell of this stuff will cut right through it.

Moisturizing Essentially nonexistent. No matter how much you use, it still doesn't provide any sort of moisture for your skin. You could try using the after shave lotion but why spend the extra money for another crappy product?

Latest reviews

You guys can read--Right???

When used AS DIRECTED--it gives a perfectly acceptable shave.

Its not expensive--$3.93 at Walmart.

Is it my favorite most sought after product? NO---but its not nearly as bad as others have reviewed.

I see its niche as not a daily cream where brush,soap,a nice lather and luxury rule the day-----but as a nice,compact(in comprison) travel cream in which space considerations and time constraints generally take precedence.

Again--its not the greatest but its not the worst either---giving a decent shave when used as directed.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Yea it's pretty bad stuff. I believe it was designed for guys who use Cartridges and wanted to feel as though they were doing something a little better for their skin then using canned goo. I remember it being very thick out of the tube but becoming very runny as soon as it touched any sort of water. And there was no kind of foaming action or lather to speak of. If you're going to buy a tubed mass market product like this...get the King of Shaves AlphaGel (or one of their other variations).
Like others I did not like the SC alone, but rather than throwing it away I used it as a Pre-Shave (after shower) - and it does help soften beard and adds some "slickness" to the lather that follows.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)