What's new

Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub

Pros: affordable
Cons: low exfoliation
above average product, exfoliates fairly well. the scent is not to my liking, but this is so inexpensive and easy to find I can forgive that.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
If you use a DE razor I really don't see the need to use a scrub. Scrubs are more for electric razor users where you do not get a lot exfoliation. One of the advantages of DE razors is that exfoliation is a by product of the DE razor process and healthy for your skin. Adding a scrub to DE shaving would be too much and not necessary.
I agree - this scrub is good for cleaning but takes too much out of my skin to really be good for shaving since I want some oil left in my skin to shave on. It does get my face very clean before the shave, but I can do that a bunch of other ways.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
I agree with the reviewer, this is a good scrub. However, it just doesn't do what it claims as far as the shaving goes. Good product though
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
I use it every day. It does clean your face well. It does exfolliate It has Grit in it for a good scrub. If that was what it was meant to do I would have given it a ten on all counts but, Its main objective is that you will get a smoother shave if you use before you shave. I personally found no difference and that is why i gave this product a low rating.
How to review this stuff? It claims to both cleanse the face and soften the whiskers before a shave.

Well, it does get rid of the dead cells and whatnot. I was suffering an oily skin attack and this helped beat it back. But one of the big claims to fame on the packaging was how well it worked as a pre-shave.

Let me be the first to tell you that, for a tough set of whiskers, this stuff does jack. I let it sit for a long time, used different amounts on my face in the shower, and my whiskers were still as stiff as ever before the hot towel hit it. And no noticeable increase in ease of use of the hot towel after.

So, these ratings reflect that it's a pretty darn good exfoliant for me and a lousy pre-shave tool. YMMV, maybe with softer whiskers it works better, but then why would you need this product?
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)