What's new

Neal's Yard Remedies Aftershave Balm

I started using this because the Witch Hazel I buy from the chemists just wasn't providing enough moisturisation. This stuff is organic, and designed by hippies. It shows- it is very moisturising, very kind for the skin, cooling, soothing, and environmentally friendly too.

The only downside I find is the smell, and that only because it isn't Sandlewood. It is fragranced with pure essential oils, including lavender. These all have a very soothing, therapeutic action on the skin, and probably have very little risk of causing an allergic reaction. The smell is floral and herbal, very cool and fresh, and fades quite quickly as it is absorbed.

It's reasonably astringent, but not so much so as distilled Witch Hazel. As to "No alcohol burn", I'm not sure what to put. It contains a fair bit of alcohol, so you'd probably know about it if you really mauled your face, but I've only felt it to be cooling and soothing.

It is very effective aftershave, and I strongly reccommed it to anyone looking for something soothing and astringent, but providing a little more moisture. If only they'd make it with Sandlewood!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)