What's new

Nancy Boy Soap--signature scent

Item Description

The smell, oh the smell. This soap--which I received as a freebie with my order!--is so deliciously fragrant that your shower will be the highlight of your day--until you break out the matching shave cream and after shave! Lavender, rosemary and mint--what a combo. Try it--soon.

Latest reviews

Pros: Smells great. Lasts Long. Good Company. Several Scents. Good Lather.
Cons: Bar is too big. Bar is slippery. Doesn't Exfoliate.
I wrote this review because it seems like I am having a problem, and I would just like everyone to know before they purchase so they can take it into consideration.

First let me say I am a big fan of Nancy Boy products and have used at least a half dozen of their products over the last couple years. In my mind they are the best mens grooming line out there, followed by Anthony Logistics and Zirh. Lab series used to be good, but no more and I don't care for Kiehl's and can't stand Jack Black.

I don't usually use bar soap (only when being lazy actually), being more of a fan of a loofah and bodywash. However, since the bodywash they make isn't available in a lot of their wonderful scents, I decided to give them a try and bought a 3 pack of the soap body bars for $18 with the Nancy Boy fanclub discount, which is a bargain when considering high end soap bars.

You have heard all the superlatives if you have read the other reviews, so I will get down to the knitty gritty. The bars smell amazing! (I have used signature, blossomwood, and hearth) I do believe they clean well also. However the bars are big, almost ridiculously so when compared to a dove bar, speick or musgo real. Also, they are incredibly slippery. So much so, that it slips out of my hands almost every time I shower, and I really have to concentrate for it not to. I have average to large size hands and the problem gets a little better as the bars get smaller with use. However because of this problem I have decided to try their bodywasy, and if that doesn't thrill me I will go back to my old bodywash.

I know many will think the fact that it is so slippery means that it must moisturize insanely, but I have also noticed my hands being dry after using the bar for a week. If it were just my hands I might endure it to use the product but that coupled wit the fact that it is the slipperiest stuff I have ever bathed with, means I won't even make it to the last bar of my 3 bar pack. I am thinking about using it as a hand soap, but honestly the little pumps are just so much more convenient.

I am surprised by this as the body bars soap (especially the signature scent) are apparently a cult favorite and a big seller. Maybe the problem is unique to me. I have loved the scent of the bars though and when I walk past my bathroom, it smells great just from the soap sitting in the shower.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I am quite fond of good bar soaps and love to have a reasonable variety of them at my disposal in the shower, depending on mood and season. This is one that will stay in my rotation for as long as it is produced.

The bars cost $7 each, or $18 for the 3-pack. This is actually quite good when the quality ingredients and longevity of the soap are taken into account. As an added bonus, the fine folks at Nancy Boy let you take 15% off every order just by joining their free club. In the world of comically expensive "high-end" soaps, these are very reasonably priced.

The triple-milled bars come in plain shrink wrap packaging with an unassuming sticker. The company obviously invested in ingredients rather than marketing, and the result is a truly luxurious bathing experience. The signature scent permeates my shower with essential oils of lavender, rosemary and peppermint, and can really lift my spirits on lousier mornings. It is especially wonderful in the spring and summer, but the peppermint is never too strong, making it just as lovely in the winter months. Nancy Boy really struck a gold mine with this blend, as I also own the shaving cream, body spray, and pure essential oil. I have yet to meet someone who didn't absolutely love this scent.

The soap is not over-the-top moisturizing, but it is very gentle on my sensitive skin. The lather is decadently creamy, leaving my skin feeling remarkably clean and smooth. I use and love a wide variety of bar soaps, but the Nancy Boy signature bar will always have a place on my shower rack.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I usually buy the $4 soap on sale from $8 at places like TJ Maxx. I can say Nancy Boy compared to these soaps is far superior. The scents are pleasing, and longevity is good. I don't really mind paying the little extra for high quality soap. Also SWMBO likes to shave her legs with bar soap and this stuff is tops. I much prefer their soaps to their body washes.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)