What's new

Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream

D
I can't add anything else really, just my two cents that this is amazing stuff. Actually all of their products are amazing. I plucked down a lot of money on their replenishing travel set and replenishing mask and moisturizer and hair gel because of what people said on this board. Eventually I'll review all of those products that have not been written up yet. Eric at Nancy Boy is great and the brand really seems to care about their customers. Great lather, I use a brush that I put right into the tub and then into a mug, gets the perfect amount on the brush and perfect amount on my face for at least three great passes and touch up if not more. I have used Art of Shaving, Gentleman's Refinery, Eyre Biobotanics, Billy Jealousy and a lot of cheaper stuff along the way to get to the best line of products out there, Nancy Boy. My two cents.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Nancy Boy shaving cream has to be the single best shaving product I have tried. I don't even have to apply any moisturizer post shave because of all the good ingredients. Amazing stuff. I also use NB shampoo and conditioner, bar soap, and styling cream. I recently bought room spray (signature scent) because I love the smell of NB product. The room spray is awesome!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Not much I can add to IronJohn's excellent review. I ordered the travel sizes of both NB scents a few months ago and followed with orders for the full sizes of both about two weeks after I started using them. I love the scent of the cucumber in their Replenishing SC. Nancy Boy is my go to Shave Cream. The only other creams I have are Castle Forbes Lavender and Billy Jealousy Hydroplane. I will probably finish both of the full size tubs of Nancy Boy creams before I finish either of the other two. Not that they aren't also fantastic in their own way. I just see NB as more of an everyday cream, while the CF is something I use once a week and the Billy Jealousy is in my travel kit. Nancy Boy Replenishing may not be for everyone, but it deserves to be judged by using it, and not just by reading the reviews. I am always going to want some of this in my rotation and it will take a truly remarkable product to displace either of these creams. That product may well come in the form of new NB scent as well.
Oh and as if it hasn't been mentioned enough the service from Nancy Boy is well above World Class.
Now, if Eric reads these posts, I would like to suggest a shave stick. I know it would be a great addition to the lineup.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Nancy Boy is a very unique company for Wet Shavers. Part of the allure of picking up a Straight Razor or a D.E. is the connection with a more manly time. So it is an irony to find such a great product for our endeavor with a name like Nancy Boy in scents of Cucumber and Mint.

But this isn’t a company like any other and these aren’t your everyday products.

The service and communication with Eric Roos and Nancy Boy is nothing short of stellar. Prompt shipment is assured and advice is an e-mail away. I cannot recommend it enough.

Price: I gave it a 10 since, given the quality, it is a bargain at $23.64 shipped.

Quality: Nancy Boy claims to use only the best quality ingredients. I see no reason to question that claim. The shave one gets is superb but it’s post shave where the quality really shines through.

Scent: I use Tabac, TOBS, Truefitt, Mama Bear and Trumpers. Compared to those scents Nancy Boy’s Replenishing Shave Cream is very different. It’s very subtle and … fresh. The smell of cucumber and just a hint of a peppery scent is all you get. I wasn’t jazzed about the scent at first and I wasn’t put off by it, but the shave was so good I grew to like it. I had a similar experience with Tabac. I think it’s fantastic now.

Latherability: I gave it lower points here. It takes a little more cream loaded up on my brush to get a good lather for 4 passes. But as someone pointed out, they don’t make this to be brushed on. Rather it’s a cream to be smeared with ones fingers. I’ve tried both ways and prefer the brush. I have to use a different water to cream mixture to get it right. I got great lather the first time I used it, by the third I was producing superb lather.

Effacacy: Here is where the product pays for itself. During the shave my razor glides over my skin. It’s a perfect performer during the shave. After the shave is almost as impressive. Since I have been using glycerin soaps and creams people have commented on my skin. But this takes it a step beyond. My skin looks and feels fantastic. Since I’ve been using this cream I don’t need a separate aftershave balm. I purchased their Replenishing Aftershave only for the times I reach for the Tabac or Mama Bear’s for a change.

Moisturizing Properties: Nothing I have used moisturizes better. Absolutely top drawer. My face feels and looks great after I use this shave cream.

Packaging: The container is simple, recyclable and as good as any of the other high end shave creams. It’s a simple white design with the trademark blue Nancy Boy flower. I think its tasteful and well done.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a tub of this superb shaving cream. If only so you can include it in rotation a couple times a week. Your skin will be healthier and your shaves will improve.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)