What's new

Nancy Boy - Replenishing Facial Moisturizer

I've bought a whole lot of products from Nancy Boy, and I love them all. This is the first one that has given me any sort of problem. Though I tried to fall in love with it, whenever I put it on it would tighten up my face and actually dry it out. I sent an email to them, asking about it, and Eric got right back to me within a couple of hours with a detailed, personalized response. He said that the lemon essential oil in the product can react poorly with some people's skin, and offered to have the cost of the moisturizer discounted from my next order with them. So they're pretty much awesome.
This stuff is the best facial moisturizer I have ever used.
It sinks in rather quickly. Most moisturizers either leave skin oily, or they don't moisturize enough. This finds the perfect balance. It always leaves my face feeling soft throughout the day but my skin never feels nor looks oily.

It's not cheap. But like most high quality products, a little goes a long way.

The only stuff I will use. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I will say this is my 2nd favorite moisturizer. 1st being CAR Hydrolast. The thing I like about this moisturizer is the smell. Oh how nice a fresh cucumber smells. I also like the consistency. The only downside is it's not as powerful as the CAR Hydrolast but it sure does come close and it is cheaper so the value is the same. SWMBO calls it greasy but for my dry skin I like it. I highly recommend this one as well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I am really picky and I don't get satisfied easily. Plus, I have oily skin.

I will summarize it all in one sentence: I have spent a long time trying different moiturizers, and this is the best one in the whole world!

You should do yourself a great favor and order everything Nancy Boy you can put your hands on (Although I wish they had a manlier name, but you can't get eveything in life).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is great. The price is a little high, but you don't use much at a time.

At first I didn't like the scent, because I don't really like cucumber scents. However this stuff really grew on me. Once you spread it on, it goes from an all cucumber smell, to a cucumer-lemon smell, which I like a lot.

It really feels nice on your skin. It moisturizes very well, and doesn't make your skin sticky or greasy.

really great stuff.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I use this out of the shower in the morning everyday. I love the soft feel it gives my face. I can feel it working all day. Just a little dab goes a long way, a few dabs and it covers the entire face. I also use the Ultra Marine Night Cream at night and have noticed the wriggles getting smaller.
I noticed their body moisturizer is cheaper. Is it OK to use that product on the face or should you really get the facial moisturizer?
This moisturizer began to irritate my face after a few days. I think the culprit is tea tree oil, which is pretty high up on the ingredient label. Tea tree oil can be very drying and in my experience is not good for sensitive skin. So I'd be careful with this one.
The scent is discreet and fresh. A little goes a long way. And it keeps you skin perfectly moisturized for a long time, without any oily feeling. It makes you feel conditioned, so to speak. A wonderful product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I have to give the latherability a 10 since there is no N/A. A zero would hurt the rating for this wonderful product.
The scent is pure cucumber. It is a little offsetting at first but then you really look forward to that fresh clean smell.
A few dabs on the forehead and cheeks gives the face a full moisturizing.
One tub should last a long time.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
The moisturizer is amazing. It leaves my face feeling fully moisturized, with absolutely no greasiness or any other issues. And the price is pretty good when you factor in the quality of what you get. This is definitely the best moisturizer I've used. I can't speak highly enough about it. Once you try it, you will think all the other stuff is a waste of money.

I think the only issue I have is it absorbs so quickly into the skin, I have to use a little bit more than others I've tried. But the container will still last a long time despite this. I've had it for almost a month, and its barely noticeable I've used it.

As noted above, it has a slight sense of cucumbers--while it's not my favorite scent--it smells clean and refreshing, so I enjoy it. It goes away immediately if you don't care for it.

Their website goes into a lot of details regarding the formulation of this product. So it's worth a read, if you're interested.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
What a great moisturizer! I got a tub last month as a free reward with my purchase. Every other moisturizer I had tried before this left my skin feeling greasy and oily, eventually leading to shine after a couple of hours. Not this stuff.

First of all as noted earlier a tiny dab is all you need. I have been using this daily for six weeks now and have used about 10% of the package. Regularly priced at $25 this is a decent value as the tub should last a year.

There is just a bit of cucumber scent, it only lingers a few minutes though.

Overall it works extremely well, and lasts all day.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I don't usually use facial moisturizers; I just don't need them that much, except perhaps in the winter. But I went ahead and tried this stuff, and am hooked! Most moisturizers leave me feeling greasy, make me break out, or just plain stink.

While I don't love the cucumber smell of this stuff, it doens't linger at all, so that's great. It actually soaks right in almost instantly: no greasiness! No breakouts! Soft skin! Love it. SWMBO's hooked, too. Packaging is no frills; so what? Price is amazing for this quality.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
This stuff really is great. I really have a problem with dry skin, especially after my shave, but also whenever I use a mostisurizer, my face gets oily. This stuff really is fantastic. Your skin feels smooth, supple and hydrated without any oily feeling. I put it on after my aftershave balm and my skin feels and looks younger in minutes. The only problem I have is that the price is a little high, but any quality mostiurizer costs a few dollars. The scent is also not the most masculine, but hell it's a moisturizer, it's hard to smell like a ranchhand while your moisturizing. The Quality and Efficacy are 10's this is by far the best moisturizer I've ever seen. If you're looking for the best look no further.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Water exists in nature in liquid, vapor and frozen form. It now exists in a fourth, Nancy Boy Replenishing Facial Moisturizer!

Price: $21 at the Nancy Boy website. Even at $21 for 2oz I am marking the score as a 9 because the product is well worth the money. I have had my container for two months and even after daily use I still don't think I have made any real dent in the amount. This jar should last me for at least a year if not more at this rate!

Quality: As with other NB products, a lot of time and effort have been put into this product before it was released. The end results of applying this to my face is that I feel neither weighted down by goo or taken for a ride by a product that lasts only an hour.

Latherability: Not a shaving cream and does not otherwise apply.

Moisturizing: This product is amazing in that I can put on a very small amount in the morning and my face still feels like I just put the cream on when I get home from work. This is not a wimpy one-hour splash of hydration on your face, this is a kayak-ride down a class-3 rapids dousing of moisture! Seriously though, in my experience with this product, the moisturizing factor just does not know when to quit. I have used it after a full session of QED Charle's green clay mask and it will have my face looking like normal again within 15 minutes.

Scent: A simple, but delightful cucumber scent that lingers under the nose for around 15 seconds after being applied. After that you are left to the devices of whatever scent you might be wearing upon your person.

Efficacy: This product moisturizes without leaving my face feeling greasy or heavy. I put it on and can forget about it, although I must admit to randomly touching my face throughout the day to feel the softness of my skin even after being in a dry office environment all day. This, combined with witch hazel also help to speed up razorburn repair if I have been aggressive during a shave.

Packaging: Simple NM white solid plastic tub with thick labels on the side and a logo sticker on the lid. This is not a flimsy container that wobbles.

A very little bit goes a long way. A dab on the tip of my index finger will cover my face and neck with just enough for the stuff to start working. I will probably use a little more during the winter but I don't see myself having to resort to any sort of backup cream.

===

Discussion Thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=71522#post71522
Top Bottom