What's new

Nancy Boy Facial Cleanser

Item Description

I was skeptical of Nancy Boy changing their cleanser formula, especially since the old formula had such a strong, loyal following. Eric at NB assured customers that the change in the formula did not impact the integrity of the cleanser, and that the changes were done to make the cleanser thicker, and more natural (replacing parabens with salicylic acid). I tried the travel size because Eric offered me a full refund if I was not satisfied with the new cleanser.

I gave the new formula a few weeks to accurately gauge its effectiveness. I have to say that I am really impressed. The cleanser is thicker and performs exactly like the old formula. Here's the full review:

Price: it costs $12.75 if you're part of the Nancy Boy Club (and there's no reason you shouldn't be; you just sign up for their newsletters) and you get free shipping if you spend > $40.

Quality: great ingredients and gentle cleansing agents. the added chamomile, allantoin, and vitamin e are quite soothing.

Latherability: produces a nice and light foam that doesn't strip the skin.

Moisturizing: i know cleansers don't actually possess this property, but i rated it pretty high because the cleanser does not leave my face dry (read : MenScience) after i rinse it off. i use this before bed and my face feels nice and refreshed at the end of the day.

Scent : none. still has the similar "plastic-y" odor of the original

Efficacy: does a much better job at cleansing than similarly priced gentle cleansers while maintaining a good amount of moisture on the skin. There is an added amount of salicylic acid, but as stated above, it is merely there as a preservative. It has improved my complexion, more than baxter's cleanser, because of its gentle yet effective cleansing.

In conclusion, this is a great product that I believe everyone should try. It is really important to use a cleanser that is gentle, yet effective, so you do not over-dry your face and increase your risk for shaving irritation. A+ :thumbup1:

Latest reviews

Really great facial cleanser. I've used many over the years and this has by far given me the best results. I have very oil skin and I was hesitant to try a "mild" cleanser, but it was worth it. If anything I suggest that you try the travel container first. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I was skeptical of Nancy Boy changing their cleanser formula, especially since the old formula had such a strong, loyal following. Eric at NB assured customers that the change in the formula did not impact the integrity of the cleanser, and that the changes were done to make the cleanser thicker, and more natural (replacing parabens with salicylic acid). I tried the travel size because Eric offered me a full refund if I was not satisfied with the new cleanser.

I gave the new formula a few weeks to accurately gauge its effectiveness. I have to say that I am really impressed. The cleanser is thicker and performs exactly like the old formula. Here's the full review:

Price: it costs $12.75 if you're part of the Nancy Boy Club (and there's no reason you shouldn't be; you just sign up for their newsletters) and you get free shipping if you spend > $40.

Quality: great ingredients and gentle cleansing agents. the added chamomile, allantoin, and vitamin e are quite soothing.

Latherability: produces a nice and light foam that doesn't strip the skin.

Moisturizing: i know cleansers don't actually possess this property, but i rated it pretty high because the cleanser does not leave my face dry (read : MenScience) after i rinse it off. i use this before bed and my face feels nice and refreshed at the end of the day.

Scent : none. still has the similar "plastic-y" odor of the original

Efficacy: does a much better job at cleansing than similarly priced gentle cleansers while maintaining a good amount of moisture on the skin. There is an added amount of salicylic acid, but as stated above, it is merely there as a preservative. It has improved my complexion, more than baxter's cleanser, because of its gentle yet effective cleansing.

In conclusion, this is a great product that I believe everyone should try. It is really important to use a cleanser that is gentle, yet effective, so you do not over-dry your face and increase your risk for shaving irritation. A+ :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)