What's new

Nancy Boy Face Wash

Pros: No nonsense face wash
Cons: Maybe too simple for oily skin; pricey
I picked up a travel size just to try; not expecting too much since my face can be pretty oily and this wash is advertised as very basic. I used it twice a day while traveling though and it seemed to peform quite well.

As others say it lathers so well that you don't need a lot and I didn't use as much of the bottle as I expected. It has a very light scent and it doesn't dry you out at all. I'm not sure it's "aggressive" enough for me to use in the summer when my skin is really oily, but it could be a good winter choice for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
+1 . After working all day I get that greasy feeling on my face. I so look forward to coming home and washing with the NB mild face cleanser. It cleans the " Greasiness" away and leaves a nice clean feeling with a subtle scent.. Highly recommended it.. You have to be careful when you put some in your palm due to the wateriness of it sometimes I tend to pour to much .You only need a small amount.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
I have been through so so many different (and not inexpensive) products that finding this gem was a huge relief. I've used Zirh, Anthony (Glycolic Cleanser and Algae Face Wash), Neutrogena (almost all of their different lines) Lab Series, Clinique for Men....to name a few. This is now my favorite amongst them all.

One of my favorite things about this cleanser is how light it is. I use it in the shower every morning before shaving and a few seconds under the water easily rinses all of the product off. The others that I've tried (Zirh in particular) always left a film that I couldn't seem to rinse off. This just leaves your face feeling 'clean'....no more, no less.

As for the scent...... It's not the greatest smell in the world, but a quick rinse and there is not a scent to be found. Great if you are wanting whatever you use to wash your face to 'get out of the way' of the scent of your shaving cream.

While the $15.00 isn't bargain basement, I think it is quite well worth it considering the size you get (I use around a nickel size worth every morning) and the incredible quality. I've noticed a reduction in blemishes slightly and it just makes my face feel healthy, period!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
One bottle lasted me w hole year of usage. After 8 months or so, the packaging didn't look that nice anymore :tongue_sm But what matters is the product.

I have oily skin, and this had been doing such a great job on me that I will not use anything other than this.

If you haven't try it, you should buy a whole box!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I use this stuff to clean my face prior to shaving. Great stuff, very gentle to the face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
I typically love NB products, and like this one, but for the price, I'm not sure it's worth it. First off, lather is merely an illusion and does nothing, so while it gets low marks there, that shouldn't matter. Also, with so many other scented products going on my face, I don't mind that this doens't have the signature NB scent that I've grown to love. This isn't a moisturizing product (that I can tell), but I didn't have the drying issues some others have mentioned.

The bottom line is that this is a quality NB product, like all NB products that I've tried, but in this particular case, the price is high enough (and the performance no better than my standby (good ole' Noxzema Cold Cream)) to keep me away, except on occasion.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
I wanted to like this product, but I found it too dry for my face. After using it for a couple of days in a row, my face felt overly tight and I got several ingrown hairs around the neck area which I attributed to dryness.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
This is a good product. Personally I would have preferred a pump dispenser rather than a simple cap. The price is also a little steep at $14 before shipping, but it is a quality soap that smells good, won't dry out your face and provides and excellent clean feeling. A good product I'll buy again. Given that I can afford it :biggrin:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
The numbers don't really explain this product too well. In any case, this is the best face wash on the market. Very gentle and not drying. The smell is a very faint chamomile. I keep two bottles around at all times - one in the shower and one by the sink. Great stuff.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I really enjoy this facewash and tend to alternate between this and the Mens-U facewash directly after a shave and before the ABS. The Mens-U has a tea-tree base while the Nancy Boy is witch hazel based with a smidgeon of alcohol that does not seem to burn.

The light, soapy smell was at first a distraction to me because it is a gap in the Nancy Boy scent when I use the NB shave cream and later the excellent NB A/S gel. However, after using this a couple of times I find that the smell speaks to the product in that it will, in very simple terms, get your face deeply clean. Then when the A/S is put on, *WHAM* there is the rosemary mint smell on the fresh pallet of your face!

Price: I got a travel size for free with an order, but $14.00 (plus shipping) is still a price I would pay even if it is a touch on the high side in my opinion.

Quality: It's a Nancy Boy product and it speaks to their care and development of excellent products.

Latherability: As mentioned in the origional review, little to no lather. There is just enough lather to tell you if you have missed a spot.

Moisturizing: Even though there is alcohol in this product, my face comes out feeling hydrated and "damp" even after a dab-dry with a towel.

Scent: Plain and nice, with a little soapy smell. It's not the smell of industrial soap from a men's loo, but rather something that whispers hints of citrus and the witch hazel.

Efficacy: This product does for me exactly what it states on the bottle: clean my face.

Packaging: I like the simple NB packaging with the flower. They don't package stuff to distract you from the product as they want their products to speak for themselves.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

I started with the Shaving Cream and A/S Gel, and after seeing Scotto's fetish with Nancy Boy bath products, I decided to give the face and body wash a try. I'm glad I did.

Price At $14.00 (not including shipping) it's not as cheap as some of the store brand stuff (neutrogena, nivea, etc.) but it's on par if not below with the High quality products (ex. Baxter's face wash is $12.50, Anothy logistics is $18.00, AOS is $22). Everytime I've ordered from Nancy Boy they've thrown in an extra product too (hand soap one time, bar soap the other)

Quality Incredibly gentle on the skin yet still deep cleaning. It's very thin and does not have the gel like consistency of most face washes. It's basically like pouring water in your hand, so getting the right amount can at times be tricky, but that's more of a packaging issue. Ingredients read as follows: Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside (from corn), Disodium laureth sulfosuccinate (from coconuts), Cocamidopropyl betaine (from coconuts), Glycerin, Xanthan gum, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate (naturally-derived anti-microbial), Allantoin (from comfrey plant), Chamomile extract, Lemon peel extract, Calendula officinalis extract, Sage extract, Burdock extract, Balm mint extract, Black walnut extract, Primrose oil, Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), Methylparaben (anti-microbial), Propylparaben (anti-microbial).

Latherability: Here was where I was surprised. On their own website, Nancy Boy says it doesn't really lather very much and people who didn't like it like a sudsier product. Well....
I took this much facewash
displayimage.php

and after gently rubbing the hands together a few times....
displayimage.php

Voila. Plenty of lather to let your eyes know that it's working and feel great on the face.

Scent: Very simple, very clean. No fruits, flowers, or herbs, just a straight clean soapy smell that, which is exactly what I like in a facewash.

Efficacy: Fantastic. Other face washes can definitely leave the skin feeling dry. Not this. It cleans, and cleans deep, but does not dry out the skin, so it's perfect to use before you shave. I don't have real bad skin to begin with, but this stuff has kept my face clear and moisturized since I've been using it.

Packaging Simple bottle that I think looks rather nice. No fancy shapes or such, but with the consistency of the wash, I'd think it would be better if the hole was restricted a bit more to control the flow. The pictures above, so you can judge the aesthetics for yourself.

Overall: Most gentle yet effective face wash I've used. If you're prone to dry skin, this is great for you. I can't vouch for someone with oily skin, but this keeps my face clear and always leaves me feeling clean. The scent is great, and it only takes a little bit to work up a good lather, so it should last quite a while. My favorite face wash. :biggrin:
Top Bottom