What's new

Nancy Boy "Butch" parfum

I am surprised by complaints about the staying power. This is a natural cologne, which can't last as long as a chemically altered formula. If you want natural, this is the best on the market. Feel free to spray yourself with carcinogens. If you want a natural perfume, this is the best!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I was very surprised by this product. After experiencing the stellar performance of other NB products, I assumed their EdT would be up to snuff. As others have said, its quite pleasing, but has no endurance.
Personally, I very much liked the packaging. IMHO, cologne should be packaged well, without being overly exotic about it. After all, the contents of the bottle is what's important. The plain-looking box contrasts nicely with the potpourri-like filler.
Unlike most other NB offerings, this is certainly no bargain. Perhaps it just me, but this stuff needs much more ooomph!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I was sent a sample of this when it first came out. I gave it a one in price not because of what I payed for it, but because I can't believe someone would pay 50 bucks an ounce for it!

At best, it's a very good Brut clone. At its best, it smells like somebody was really trying to replicate genuine French Faberge Brut, at its worst it has the staying power of cheap US Brut cologne. If you're going to do a Brut clone, do it right.

For fifty bucks an ounce, do yourself a favor and try to track down some genuine Brut. At $30 an ounce, it's positively a bargain compared to this generic, overpriced dreck.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Love this scent from NancyBoy - I wish it had more staying power. I'm gonna have to try it with Fem.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I was very disappointed in this cologne. It is way overprice, comes in a cheap medicine style bottle with a cheap label that only has "Butch" written on it. But worst of all, while the fragrance is pleasant enough, it last only for a short time. My Brut aftershave lasts longer. I would not suggest that anyone buy this product.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
This is a wonderful and complex scent. Nancy Boy seems to be willing to go out on a limb and create unique and compelling scents. I can honestly say that Butch smells unlike any other cologne I have ever experienced. I like it. It is "spicier" than most, and the synthesis of spice and citrus seems unique. I also like the fact that while it is powerful in terms of lasting power, it is not overwhelming to those around you-- it will be noticed but it is not a sledgehammer to their consciousness.

The cologne is packaged with dried pine cones, star anise, and other items which make the box smell wonderful as you open it. The bottle and atomizer is a little generic for a $50 bottle of cologne, but I guess NB will say they put their money into the product, not the bottle.

I would recommend this product, but be prepared for a unique fragrance. directionally, if you like spicy scents, you will probably like it. If you sometimes feel like a spicy scent leaves you smelling like a canned ham after cooking, then maybe you would want to stay away, or request a sample before purchasing.

Vin
I've been using the "Butch" since I got back from SF and my trip to the NB store. This stuff is the most complex cologne I've worn--it changes over the course of the day, and a little bit lasts all day long.

As wonderful as it smells on its own, its really amazing when combined with NB's "Fem" scent. I made a travel atomizer of 1/2 Butch--1/2 Fem, and it is just fantastic together--it drives you nuts trying to figure out what the aromas are in this mix.

Well worth a try, although at $50/ounce its a pricy indulgence.

Some may also quibble with the packaging, but I like the less frou-frou approach, especially since they are saving costs on bottles and putting it into ingredients.

Mitch
Top Bottom