What's new

Nana June's Bay Rum

The packaging of this glycerin soap is tin with a cap. This was a good selling point for me because I am looking soaps that are easy to travel with and store at home.

The soap smell is excellent but too light, it sort of becomes inert as you shave which is the only thing I wish were different. I used a pre-soaked Omega boar and lathering was quite easy, the soap produced lots of thick lather without much work. I got three passes without having to load the brush.

Efficacy is excellent, no cuts or nicks.

As far as moisturizing, my skin felt smooth before and after rinsing and my skin was not dry, which is the case with other products.

The price of this soap is reasonable from a quality and packaging standpoint, I would purchase it again.

P.S. As far as scent strength, the Sandalwood version of the soap is awesome. Same properties as the Bay Rum with regard to quality of shave but the scent doesn't dissipate and is long-lasting.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I've used nana June's Bay Rum soap for a while now. It was the first soap I tried, and after trying several others (Tabac, Conk's etc) I still return to it on a regular basis as the scent and efficacy are great.

The only reason it doesn't score 10's across the board is because I want to keep a point for the pefect soap (haven't found it yet).

At $3 or less for a 3 oz soap, the price is great. I believe it does a good job at providing a slick shaving experience. Not as much cushion as Tabac. The scent is great, and it lathers really well. This soap will last a long time. No dryness after shaving.

This was good enough that I went ahead and bought a few more soaps from her. We'll see how those work out.

The best deal seems to be her pick-two deal. Also better prices are available from www.nanajunesnaturals.com than from her Ebay store.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
[As I'm a newbie and this is my first shaving soap, you can take this little review with however many grains of salt you feel necessary.]

Nana June's bay rum soap is a mildly scented soap containing "all natural glycerine, Bentonite clay for slip (no nicks & cuts), castor oil (beard softener), all natural colorant, and all natural essential oils and/or fragrance oils."

I was pleased to find that the bay rum scent was pleasant but not overpowering, and this soap seemed to lather quite well (in fact it may lather better than I can show since this was my first attempt ;) ). I can also say that at least so far the "no nicks and cuts" claim has been true - I didn't nick myself even once - and I'm a newbie and went over my whiskers three times - so maybe that says a lot!

Not only that, but this puck cost me less than $6.00 including the shipping. Overall a great deal I think.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy